Friecats Bar in Patpong ripoff

Stickman

Avoid Firecats Bar in Patpong as they are trying to ripoff customers - seemingly EVERY customer. Whosyourdaddy and I visited tonight and we were quoted 100 baht a beer at the door but when the checkbin came, it was 300 baht a beer each. After some heated words in which we told them in no uncertain terms what they could do with their 600 baht bin, we paid 100 baht per bottle. But for those who do not want the hassles, or perhaps do not speak enough Thai to get out of this sort of mess, you arr best advised to avoid the bar altogether. As the long standing advice goes, stick with the King's Group of bars in Patpong.

Stick

i had never any problem in firecat and was there many times. where is supergirl? i just know superqueen, superstar and superpussy.

i avoid superpussy as they regularly ask for a covercharge of 300 baht. i did not pay and got some ugly discussions, once even a guy tried to hit me.

quote:

Originally posted by samak:

i had never any problem in firecat and was there many times. where is supergirl? i ...i avoid superpussy as they regularly ask for a covercharge of 300 baht.

Supergirl is the bar a few doors along with the motorbike above the entrance. Never been ripped off there (or Firecat for that matter). I did get asked for 300B entertainment fee when I sat in SuperPussy though. I got up and walked out without incident.

Cheers,

quote:

Originally posted by Palatkik:

Supergirl is the bar a few doors along with the motorbike above the entrance. Never been ripped off there (or Firecat for that matter). I did get asked for 300B entertainment fee when I sat in SuperPussy though. I got up and walked out without incident.

Cheers,

Firecat has been only doing this for 2 weeks according to the staff

If you have a cell phone, keep 1699 on speed dial ( tourist police).

if you got a problem, dial it and hand the "head honcho" the phone, they usually back down pretty fast .

Btw: really good idea to mention rip off places here, once they find they will get "exposed" they may cut it back ( we all hope)

Thank you Stickman and WYD laugh.gif" border="0 You are doing us all a great favor (and at a tiny but real risk to yourselves).

Respect!

PS--I also love how you get straight to the point in the topic title. Some people would have written a generic and cryptic title such as "They've got some nerve," or, "Never again!" But, titles like this are of no assistance to people scanning the topics on the board, and they impede the flow of valuable information. smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by pasathai:

If you have a cell phone, keep 1699 on speed dial ( tourist police).

if you got a problem, dial it and hand the "head honcho" the phone, they usually back down pretty fast .

Btw: really good idea to mention rip off places here, once they find they will get "exposed" they may cut it back ( we all hope)

Great idea on putting the Tourist Police number on speed dial pasathai - I just programmed my mobile phone with that number.

Also, wouldn't it be great if we could have a subfolder here in the Nightlife Section listing ripoffs like this one and others?

I am going to start up my Gogo Bar Reviews again for Khun Sanuk's site, and I can promise you I will be on the lookout for any stuff like this in the gogo bars.

Sarisin:

I'm glad you will take my advice, I hope you never have to use it though. but I think if they

( the scammers) are shown we "know the score" they are less likely to pull suff on us.

Sometimes I get the feeling, its no all about money in cheating "us" its more like a face thing, as not only do they try it, but I think they get some "points" in "budda heaven" for getting to us. ( and a bonus if we know we were had also)

I have a tourist police hat ( baseball cap one with 1699 and logo on it) I had it with me

( actually in my daughters bag) in phuket some time ago, when we got the bin, and it was way to much, she ( not from phuket so they did not know her) whipped the hat out and put it on. the mamasan looked like she just pissed herself, but after the inatial "shock" things were corrected, and we departed with smiles ( at least ours were real simles).

Now ( after 3+ years later) when we walk by the bar, we get a salute from her ( mamason's)

son.

Posting a list of "suspected" ripoff places, and letting them know such a list exists should give them reason to think about it>

(and probably come up with more creative ways to get to us)

Archived