Got $$$$...buy a Super Bowl ticket...

rookie

Insane prices, but hey, if ya got it to spend it could be a good time? Fuck, cheapest seats are 3 Gs! I could have a lot of fun with that on Cowboy or where ever! :) And/or watch the SB on a big screen TV somewhere with lots of little helpers bringing me beers and peanuts and massaging my neck and whispering sweet somethings in my ear.

$75 to park?!! Sounds like Boston to me!

Cent

Went to the World Cup semi's in '94 at the Rose Bowl. A Thai friend (who is a real soccer fan) was dreaming to go...a once in a lifetime opportunity he said. I bought us a pair of tickets, pretty much in the "blind". Sent in $130 to the World Cup ticket office...we got seats literally straddling the halfway line and halfway up the stadium. I remember sitting there in 110 degree weather thinking "these would be worth 5 grand each for the superbowl. Parking was $10 and colas were a ripoff at $5 (most I've ever spent on a cola). Largest Rose Bowl crowd in history...broken a few days later by the finals.

HH

Went to the World Cup semi's in '94 at the Rose Bowl......HH

I was there, too [but HH didn't say 'hi' :-) ]

I'd bought a bunch of tickets to the event, thinking I could scalp them. Much to my dismay...and the lack of soccer fans in the US (except the Latins), I ended up selling them at or just below cost!

However, for the summer Olympics in '84, I bought about $3k of tickets when they were first offered.

I was surprised that there was little interest in the tickets for boxing, but the tickets I had for the other events generated enough profit to put a Jacuzzi in my backyard!

Well, I did say "hi" to ya...I think. That you with blond hair, about 5'7" 36-24-37 wearing the white short shorts, and a scoop-necked powder blue top, right? I even offered to let you sit on my face and watch the game from the best seat at the game. Oh...that wasn't you? Hmmmmmm....well, I must've seen you anyway. Maybe you're even in one of my photos!

Re the Olympics. With everybody taking off believing the freeways would be crowded and the rest of the city overtaken by visitors, LA almost looked like a ghost town...like BKK during Songkran. I remember loads of classified ads for tickets to various events. I really wanted to see some of the boxing, but settled for a pair of soccer tickets I used to take my son to the only event I saw. I, and most of my colleagues, were refused leave during the Olympics, so options were extremely limited. I got the soccer tickets for face value ($15 each). Again, I'm not a soccer fan, but my son was playing in a youth league and it was one of those once-in-a-lifetime dealies.

Remember the crazy pin-collecting that was going on...people at the events with boards of pins and hats that must have doubled their weight with all of the "jewelry"?

HH

Archived