No more Tripreports

BJ_Blackowitz

arent the tripreports the stories board ?

subtitle of this board : The forum to write about your experiences sampling the Thai nightlife

stuff about prices and so are IMHO more for a section called travel INFO

I'm with you on this BJ, I like stories here, not necessarily just the dirty bloke's lonely planet, full of beer prices and number of pillows in the hotel room - I like trip reports that have a story, some narrative thrust, so to speak, but that also share some info on Thailand, Thai culture, farang idiocy, the current situation, and hell, on prices too. But I'd want a mix, much more than just a blow by blow of sexual activities and what the checkbin was for them -- doesn't have to be the kind of stuff ikkrang did lately (or even the last of evel's stories), but just a bit of a mix. The Flip twist, for example - a little drama.

But you're right, seems pretty low readership, even for the best stuff, maybe time is better spent on other pursuits...

cheers for the efforts, anyway... :smirk:

YimSiam

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

BJ, This might be a bit late, but I liked reading your stories (and others). When I want the latest price increase news or when a new happy hours starts, I read Stickman's site (I like his site too).

Please don't stop publishing - these stories get me through slow days at work ;-)

Sip

My favorite trip reports are those that tell me how to go from point a-b, where to stay, what is on offer, average prices, activities other than sex for hire (as well as sex for hire) etc...accompanying photos are also appreciated.

I know how BJ feels. I have, in the past, worked hard on photo reports only to have maybe 1-5 comments, and then it dies out. The effort it took was just not worth it, thus, I have stopped...also, would like to see more actual reports, rather than just a story of sexual exploits.

I don't read trip reports much anymore, but I enjoy reading newbie trip reports; the eye-opening experiences we all went through, putting faces to board members names and such. I'm sure I posted one myself in one of the board's past incarnations.

Off the beaten path trip reports are useful too, or at least I imagine they will be if I ever get off the beaten path.

But I really don't care to read about some guy's sexual exploits back at the Dynasty with the girls he found in Nana parking lot or some such place. I don't mean to suggest that they are inappropriate at all, as long as one reader gets some value out of them. What I would like to suggest is that the joy of writing that type of report be reward enough unto itself ( :wanker: ) and attaboys should not be expected. I mean, how much gratification does one need? :nono:

PS. Not taking a swipe at BJ (or anyone in particular). I did not read his reports.

Ah, USVirgin, give the eager little scribes a break - after all, it wasn't so long ago you were posting 'thanks for the read' comments on threads about a guy who went to soi 33, CM2, and on to Nana, including multiple and-then-I-took-her-back-to-my-room-on-lower-Suk episodes... ( don't try to deny it, the internet never lies... ).

For those who bother to check the old UAL875 trip report linked above (2002 vintage), I guess my point is that to me it's only rarely the plot events that make or break a report (and never the price of beer, barfine, or bus to Buriram), it's presentation, the spirit of the thing, what our french brothers call "the i don't know what...". UAL875's has a fair bit of it, a lot of enthusiasm, pleasant naive bewilderment, and naked drunk chicks. Good enough for me!

YimSiam :smirk:

PS: I'm ashamed to say that as far as I can remember, every trip report that I've written has at least one - and usually more than one - Nana parking lot girl in it. But I don't stay at the Dynasty - I'm more a Dynasty Grand man, actually...

Archived