Thai Public Holidays 2008 - Can You Get A Drink?

Board Mod

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

just a sidenote to all of you who always complain about closed bars in LOS and think other places have always open!

here in china all bars, karaokes, massage parlours were closed this week 3 days from monday to friday following a 3 day mourning period for the victims of the earthquake in Sichuan province

here in china all bars, karaokes, massage parlours were closed this week 3 days from monday to friday ....

3 Days....Monday to Friday????? lol

...Glad I left last week...but maybe it would have been a damn side cheaper if they were closed last week instead....55555555

Enjoy....I'm sure you'll make up for lost time tomorrow

Cheers DS

• 1 month later...

I got a call from a BG who works in Soi Cowboy (Bacarra) who said they are open tonight.

Just heard Tonglor closed Friday

Had text from Patpong closed Thursday open Friday

Not sure about Lumpini yet

Does this mean Soi Cowboy will be closed on Friday but not tonight? (Soi Cowboy and the clubs on Soi Thonglor are all covered by the Thonglor police station.) Meanwhile, Patpong is closed tonight but open on Friday?

No consistency with any of this, but an interesting sort of compromise to ensure that at least some bar areas are open on one of the nights. If, say, NEP and Patpong are closed tonight, and Soi Cowboy is not, I would expect Soi Cowboy to be doing good business tonight.

Yesterday SC has been closed at 1:00am but I have been told today will be business as usual and Friday will be closed. Nana is just the opposite today closed but Friday open but likely no booze. Not sure about Patpong though. Many clubs are closed both daysâ?¦.

The situation is typical for Thailand these days; the only sure thing is that nothing is sureâ?¦. So today everything might be the opposite or different from what have been told yesterdayâ?¦

:dunno:

Archived