Long Gun policy?

Hardy641

Savittre: The use of profanity is not necessary to make your point.

For all of the folks who are not longtime readers Savittre had a bad experience in Long Gun which he described in the Nightlife section under the topic "Topic: Longgun- Bad!!!!!!". I was a witness and posted my views on the subject.

<<burp>>

p.s.: Savittre, the personal messages you sent today were NOT appreciated.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I went to Long Gun a few times several weeks ago and thought that overall it was still fine.

One of the nights I was asked to squeeze in a little too tightly with other patrons, but considering the popularity of the place I didn't think it was out of line.

In my opinion if there is some room to sit, they should ask the girls to walk around the bar a little bit to give customers a chance. But when the bar is fully packed at the peak of show time it would be a futile exercise. My advice would be to come before the shows start and get one of the girls to sit with while there is still room. I don't enjoy watching the show by myself and it's nice to have a human shield when the liquid and pointy projectiles start flying, so that is what I do.

The bar should make more money off lady drinks, but really, how many bars in Thailand run at peak efficiency?

Getting the girl to come to you is a bit of a chore here (more so than at most gogos). If you can make eye-contact even once and give them a big, big smile that will usually get the ball rolling. Although, it's amazing how so many girls can avoid eye-contact for an entire set. Sometimes getting your girl requires some quick action, like making some brief physical contact with her on your way to the bathroom (or even IN the bathroom). If the girl won't come over to you after smiling at her and squeezing her around the waist, then you probably didn't want her anyway.

However, I must confess that I actually enjoyed myself more at Rawhide. Yes, it was relatively dead and the average quality of the girls was much lower. However, they did have the same (un)dress code as Long Gun and they had a few beautiful girls that were much more appreciative and enthusiastic and the music was great (probably about the same as Long Gun, except that during the shows the Long Gun music really sucks).

Maybe im naive or something, but I was in there last night and had a great time. Girls were really friendly and took a couple of phone numbers. Me and my mate met up with 2 of them after 2am and went back to our rooms and had a great time. I did notice one real stunner in there, very dark skinned and did most of the shows. Long Gun was one of the few places that I actually bothered to stay at for more then 1 drink.

cheers

thefezman

p.s. it was very busy but isn't that a good thing??

I don't see the sense in the complaints. If your primary concern is to find a place to sit while sipping a quiet beer, there are plenty of places to do that at the moment. E.g. normal bars, beer bars, at home..

But places where you can see oodles of naked or semi-naked young women are scarce at the moment and that's why I like it. (I didn't use to at all.) The way some of youse guys are speaking, I'm beginning to think you like these bar-girls for their conversation..

quote:

Originally posted by bibblies:

I don't see the sense in the complaints. If your primary concern is to find a place to sit while sipping a quiet beer, there are plenty of places to do that at the moment. E.g. normal bars, beer bars, at home..

But places where you can see oodles of naked or semi-naked young women are scarce at the moment and that's why I like it. (I didn't use to at all.) The way some of youse guys are speaking, I'm beginning to think you like these bar-girls for their conversation..

The complaint is the girls leave the stage and remain in back rooms. They are not out and about mingling with the customers. So you are left drinking your beer alone and in quiet. Not what I want at agogo. mad.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by gummigut:

Savittre: The use of profanity is not necessary to make your point.

p.s.: Savittre, the personal messages you sent today were NOT appreciated.

The first point I would agree on the second point, I appeciated them if noone else did.

Long Gun no longer has what it takes. Most other bars in Cowboy are better than Long Gun.

I don't appereciate going into an almost empty bar and having to wait 5-10 minutes to get a beer which has happened on a few occasions, result I don't go there anymore unless an arrangement has been made to meet someone there, in which case I will go in grab the person and leave.

To expand on waiting for a beer, last time I was there, I went to meet some people, there were maybe 20 customers in the bar, I grabbed a waitress, ordered a beer, nothing arrived. I saw here again and reminded her, nothing arrived. I asked another waitress and waited a further 5 minutes and then left, nearly 10 minutes in an almost empty bar and I still didn't get served a beer and NO the girls weren't busy serving other customers.

Shygye, you've hit the nail on the head precisely. Bibblies seems to have totally missed the point that most of the posters are trying to make. Most people like a lively bar, but if you want to bar fine it does help if all the girls don't dissappear as soon as they leave the stage!!

Cheers Simie.

It seems clear that there's no point arguing whether Long Gun is "good" or "bad". It can be either depending on what you're looking for, and especially depending on what your expecting.

Archived