Is Cheap Charly gone?

Man at Work

Hi Folks,

a friend - well mor an aquaintance of mine - told me, that the little bar called Cheap Charly is closed. Last time I was there was juast off Soi 9 and it was a kind off Outside Bar/Waggon. Quite handy after hours and especially if you are at the end of your trip and the budget nearly blown out (punt intended). Alway a good crowd on non-P4P Farangs there. Would be sad if the story is true.

Anybod have any info?

MaW

Yes. As you walk from Sukhumvit, on the left there is a fancy looking restaurant (forget the name) Garden type setting, a driveway with a drop "sentry" gate, and I think a sign for Sabaai massage, make a left into there, CHeap Charlie's is right there on the right, can't miss it, opens at 5 I think.

If you get to the 7-11 and the Suk 11 Guest house (old Thai style place, really nice) Then you went to far... make a left there, follow the drive way around, and again, Cheap Charlie's is there...

Cheap Charlie is not really a pick up bar...no girls for hire there, usually unless you or someone brings them. It is basically an interesting walk upbar, stools, and *maybe* a table, small bathroom as I recall, but not really for women as I recall, urinal only...they may have changed that.

Usually a crowd of expats and older tourists. It made a few guide books, so anything is possible now. Worth a look.

How is Zanzibar? I had a drink and listened to some music there before, never ate there or spent much time there. Prices/value good? worth it? etc...?

Archived