Change of Friday Venue

CTO

Hi People,

For a long time now it's only on the very rare occasion do we get decent numbers at the Friday gatherings.

Personally I've never been a Gullivers fan, I think it's too far from places people want to go to afterwards.

Also even our fearless leader has been missing the occasional Friday night, something that never happened before.

To breath a bit of fresh air back into Fridays I'm going to suggest a venue change.

Personally I think Down Under Bar on Soi 23 is a good choice, easy to get to by Skytrain or Underground, far enough from places of ill repute to occasional take a significant other too, for those that find that important, and close enough to places of ill repute to go to afterwards easily, if that is important as well.

However if anyone else wants to nominate a venue, agree, or disagree, please do,

If we do get some favourable alternative, we can include them in a vote, debate now to see if or when and where to move too.

CTO

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good idea!!! :up: :up: I hate Gullible's. The food is awful, so is the atmosphere, and I simply detest that part of Suk.

The Down Under is a good choice. There is a semi private back room with couches. The food is great (both Thai and farang). Tim, the owner, is very friendly. There are no bargirls working there, so it is family friendly. A block from the Suk/Asoke intersection, a block from Cowboy, a short walk to either Nana or 33 (or a one stop BTS ride for those too lazy to walk).

I second the motion (or is that third since Coss posted b4 me?).

Cheers,

SD

I could vote for Down Under. Right near Cowboy. I ate there a couple times now and the food was good. Basically it is up to the frequent expats/members to set a convenient venue to meet up in my thinking, as they are the ones usually there at each Friday. I thought the place on the corner same soi that everyone thinks is the 'Old Dutch', but isn't, would be convenient and also has good space and decent food and IS right on Soi Cowboy. :) And yes, the owner of Down Under seemed a real nice guy when I met him a couple times. Good breakfasts too.

Cent

...Well that goes without saying....

If he's from Downunder, there's a fair chance he's OK....lol...

There are exceptions, of course....

That crazy "Dog" character that used to post here....but he was from Queeensland

...and...and...

bust, piggy & TB.....

...but they're all from Sydney.... (Australia's answer to OH's home town....lol...)

We civilized folk from South Downunder are usually "Nice" people...

Why even Tiger's applied for "Honourary" Melbourne citizenship...lol..

...But of course, we're fighting like fcuk to stop that happening.....

You reckon those Japanese whalers copped shit.... you ain't seen nothing yet!!!!

LOL

Cheers DC

....Personally I think Down Under Bar on Soi 23 is a good choice, easy to get to by Skytrain or Underground, far enough from places of ill repute to occasional take a significant other too,....

If about 100 metres from the end of Soi Cowboy is far enough then I suppose it's far enough.

Excellent pies. :thumbup:

...Well that goes without saying....

If he's from Downunder, there's a fair chance he's OK....lol...

There are exceptions, of course....

That crazy "Dog" character that used to post here....but he was from Queeensland

...and...and...

bust, piggy & TB.....

...but they're all from Sydney.... (Australia's answer to OH's home town....lol...)

We civilized folk from South Downunder are usually "Nice" people...

Why even Tiger's applied for "Honourary" Melbourne citizenship...lol..

...But of course, we're fighting like fcuk to stop that happening.....

You reckon those Japanese whalers copped shit.... you ain't seen nothing yet!!!!

LOL

Cheers DC

I always knew you didn't like me. :dunno::mooning:

Archived