MOVE - the poll!

CTO

KS - YOU have every right to vote, in fact your vote is very important, forgive me for saying, but I know you won't go to meetings held inside certain areas, hence you have a very clear and definite say in this,

Last time this was discussed, when we moved from Nanaplaza to Gullies, you spoke clearly about what you required in order to attend.,

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

"but I know you won't go to meetings held inside certain areas, hence you have a very clear and definite say in this,"

Fair enough. While I do not really care that much where the meetings are, I do want the following criteria to be met:

- easy access from BTS and/or MRTA

- good food

- nice atmosphere

- family friendly

It doesn't happen often, but if my wife wants to come along I would like her to be able to walk into the place and not feel like everyone thinks she's a bargirl. So, places inside of SC or NEP are out of the question.

Sanuk!

How far down Soi 23 from Sukhumwit is Down Under Bar?

I like Gulliver's for the simple reason it's very handy to the BTS at Nana, and then easy to get from there down to Cowboy.

If Down Under Bar is a long way down 23, then not so convenient IMHO.

To answer Piggy's questions:

Down under is more convenient to the BTS or MRT than Gullivers is.

It is NOT very far down soi 23. It is, as I recall, between Cowboy and Sukhumvit on the same side of the soi as the Jasmine Towers ... far less than 100 meters from Suk.

IMHO this is a no-brainer. Vote to move!!!

I've never been to one of these meetings, but I do hope to someday, and Gulliver's seems the most likely place for newcomers - like myself - to join in. It's big enough that I could walk in and have a look around before I decide to introduce myself; multi-purpose enough that those claiming to drop in for a sandwich or game of pool can get away with their story. Of course, it has no soul whatsoever, but neither do I, so that's neither here nor there...

I vote stay. And Obama.

YimSiam

To answer Piggy's questions:

Down under is more convenient to the BTS or MRT than Gullivers is.

It is NOT very far down soi 23. It is, as I recall, between Cowboy and Sukhumvit on the same side of the soi as the Jasmine Towers ... far less than 100 meters from Suk.

IMHO this is a no-brainer. Vote to move!!!

Thanks, Chappy.

So it must be near Siamese Twins bar then... strange.. I don't remember seeing it and I have been to the "jet-sip-et" there for a ram-raid on the ATM there many times late at night... :hmmm:

So how are you going to interpret these results then?

At the moment it's about 36% who want to stay at Gully's, about 40% who want Down Under and about 24% who want to leave Gully's but don't want to go to Down Under.

So that means about 64% don't want to stay at Gulliver's which is a pretty clear indication its time to move. But there's still a substantial amount of guys who don't want to go to Down Under Bar.

Maybe the poll should have had 3 specific locations to vote on - Gully's, Down Under and Old Dutch for example.

:dunno:

Archived