Identifying a proper brekkie

Coss

This my contribution, a "Fusion Breakfast" - a mix of English and American with some Antipodean nuances. The photo is so you can see what to look for in a good breakfast.

med_1202770820-Brekkie.jpg

Explanation:

Black Pudding - made from Pigs Blood, fried to a crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.

Tomato - halved, seasoned and the cut face dipped in flour, then fried. Gives a calorie laden crust.

Bacon - rindless "dry cured" and fired till crisp.

Salami - preferably a hot variety, fried till crisp.

Hash brown - fried till crisp.

Eggs - fried till crisp on the edges but yolk still runny, much black pepper ground over.

Toast - multi grain and toasted, using sour cream instead of butter will make this less fattening.

cheers

Coss

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No, the addition of most of a tin of baked beans would turn it into health food. Nothing like getting a bit of fiber into you to counter all that meat.

The toast appears to be wholemeal bread as well and then there's all that healthy tomato.

That would pretty much be a perfect brekkie.

In my local British Legion* some years back,a quid bought a whole steamed black pudding and English mustard. Very nice. Steamed the buggers were.

This was Lancashire btw...

(* not Tropical Bert's)

Carew.

You are a true afficinado of the Pudding Black, Simmered and with mustard, and the mecca for all black pudding afficinado's has to be Bury Market

I don't miss much about the UK but a Saturday stroll around Bury Market Black Pudding tasting is one thing I do miss.

Disclaimer I left my Flat Cap and Whippet back home in the valleys of the green and grey.

Archived