Identifying a proper brekkie

Coss

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Carew, yes Chequers used to be a good brekkie, did'nt you go upstairs for a seat? Munchies favourite The Dubliner also very good. A touch better than the Londoner IMHO and a bit cheaper as well. Down in Pattaya lots of decent good value places for brekkie but can't beat Gregg's Kitchen in my book?

Simie.

- I'll just collect myself; still reeling from the thought of poncey flecked eggs on a fry-up. Bloody sacrilege, innit? They look a bit rotten to me. I'd send 'em back, the whole lot of 'em. Enoch was right. -

Ah, Greg's Kitchen. Yes, I'll give you that one. I was in there about a month ago and very nice it was too. I couldn't walk any further than that from Soi 6 on a Sunday morning in any case. Nice place, good service and real tea made from Pierre-Joseph Proudon ("All proper tea is theft" 1840).

I forgot about Upstairs at Chequers (the sequel to Breakfast at Tiffany's) because I had a really big hangover, two mates were crowded onto that pathetic little table next to the toilets whilst one fat bastard had the big table window all to himself. So I had the hump, didn't I? Flounced out. Bottom lip out, the full works. But there are no free papers to read at the other (Irish) place, so it wasn't the same anyway.

Oh, whatever you do, don't bother with that Molly Malone's place in Walking Street, Pattaya. It's fucking shit for breakfast. Miserable showwer of cunts in there and no mistake with one barman hawking up every 2 minutes when I was in there. And - get this - I had to get up and look for a waitress to get a refill for my mug of tea (which ain't free either, unlike Simple Simon's where it's unlimited. Alive-alive-oh, do fuck off Molly Minging Malone.

In fact - this is how I avoid restaurants / bars /cafes in in Pattaya: If it has got a review by Miss Terry Diner in the Pattaya Mail* (guffaw, Doc) then no way is it worth bothering with. Monkey spunk ponces.

(* Pattaya Mail has just celebrated 15 years of being the in-house club magazine for all the cunts in Pattaya. Congratulations! Turds.)

Carew,

I have the English fry-up brekkie in The Butcher's Arms on Soi Bukhao when staying at the Siam Sawadee hotel - the Arms is almost directly across from the ATM in front of the hotel, a couple shopfronts down. 100 baht. (Although why the hell the coffee, one anyway, isn't included is beyond me). Also have free papers to read. Nice place actually, well done up, comfortable, big screen plasma TV, etc. A couple of years old, maybe three. Never ate there besides breakfast, but it looks like a good bet. Have you been there before?

Cent

Carew,

I have the English fry-up brekkie in The Butcher's Arms on Soi Bukhao when staying at the Siam Sawadee hotel - the Arms is almost directly across from the ATM in front of the hotel, a couple shopfronts down. 100 baht. (Although why the hell the coffee, one anyway, isn't included is beyond me). Also have free papers to read. Nice place actually, well done up, comfortable, big screen plasma TV, etc. A couple of years old, maybe three. Never ate there besides breakfast, but it looks like a good bet. Have you been there before?

Cent

I ate in there when I stayed at the same hotel in April 2006. Good food. Certainly better than anything that foul hotel had on offer.

• 1 month later...

Archived