Got fucked over in Lolipop Bar last night, be carefull

Shibuya

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
And if he didn't pay up and got his face smashed in, people on this board would claim that...

"There must be more to the story"

"He should have just paid the 1000 baht and chalked it up to a lesson learned"

Etc.

Exactly right.

This was a big amount, but I strongly suspect many of us are ripped off on small amounts all of the time. Have you ever been out with a Thai at a restaurant - even an upscale restaurant where you wouldn't expect this sort of scam - and noticed how they always carefully check the bill item by item and how often they find a bit of padding?

And this isn't a question of rich Farang vs. poor Thai. The richest Thais I know (serious money) do this. It is a matter of habit.

Now consider a go go bar. It is not a question of if they pad bills or otherwise engage in scams, it's the size of the scam.

Most Farangs go by a general sense of what they think the right amount should be, and just pay it. That is what I do. Occassionally I will notice a "mistake" (never in my favor) and if a broach the subject politely, it will usually be corrected. But I suspect I usually never notice the mistake, and I suspect that is true of most other Farangs as well.

Here, the scam was just too blantant to go unnoticed. So what do you do... Beats me.

When are people going to shut up about that fact that they continue to place themselves into sars taht will bill pad etc. These places have always done this and will continue to do so untilpeople stop going in there. Shame on them once and shame on you twice and forever./.Why are people so dumb?

Archived