Carnival in LOS

Tycona

Without meaning to sound sarcastic, it is almost literally true that every night is "carnival" at Soi Cowboy, NEP, Patpong - these are all basically wall-to-wall parties from sundown until 2:00 am. Every day.

I do not believe that they make any particular distinction about the actiual pre-lenten festivities. The only days where the venues all celebrate specific to holidays are Songkran (mid-April), Loy Krathong (late October or early November),and New Years eve. On these nights, many bars and go-gos dress some of the girls up in fancy traditional Thai costumes (and also jack up barfine prices for the night).

But - if a first time visitor to Thailand arrived at Soi Cowboy or Nanan Plaza on a party evening during "carnival", they would most likely swear that the holiday was being vigorously celebrated.

"Let the good times roll!"

Bangkok Butterfly

quote:

Originally posted by Tycona:

Guys, do they celebrate carnival in the bars and discos in thailand? Carnival would be around the chinese new year, it is 10 Feb - 12 Feb here where i live.

Hey man, this is the reason I am leaving Stoiber-Country, to avoid all the overcrazed "Narren"

frown.gif" border="0

CU Sat. 9th (But leave your "pappnase" in the hotel)

MaW (16 days to go! smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0

[ January 22, 2002: Message edited by: Man at Work ]

Originally posted by peesooahbkk:

[QB]

..many bars and go-gos dress some of the girls up in fancy traditional Thai costumes (and also jack up barfine prices for the night).

Well there are some beerbars in Lamai/Samui, where the girls dress up every night in diffrent costumes (Hawaii, Sailors etc.) Kind of cute.

crazy.gif" border="0

Archived