Extortion in Pattaya

manchester_dave

I'd go for the suggestion to go to the top cop. Maybe invite him for dinner and drinks. Maybe hold a benefit for a local police charity. Hire some off duty police for security.

He should never pay these yobs. Better to just close up if these other suggestions don't work.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He is either going to have to pay the cops, or this ass puppet, or maybe both? but why pay both? find a top cop to pay off and make the problem disappear...? either way, this guy is going to be looking over his shoulder as long as he stays there.

Why does it even have to be either. Just cause the heavy is ballsy enough to ask for cash, he seems to have this chap ducking for cover.

Hell, it's Thailand....money talks. He could have the guy killed reasonably professionally for 50K. If he's been a var owner in Essex, he must be reasonably street savy. Hell, why doesnt he just get some hired muscle and fight his way out?

>>It has escalated, last week a farang who had visited his bar was attacked by Thais with rocks. The farang was badly injured and I believe the Thais have been caught but have been released on bail.

.. not sure if this is the same incident, but Pattaya City News claim the attack was the result of an argument about football. http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_20_02_51_3.html

Robaus, that was the incident which happened last week. The guy was merely drinking in my friends bar, this is the second time this has happened however last week was by far the most serious attack on a customer.

The original incident below:

http://www.pattayacitynews.net/news_13_02_51.html

The talk of a dispute over Liverpool football club is a complete cock and bull story. The Thai guys were driven there by the farangs in question.

Prior to the attack the thais had been hassling the customers in the bar. Two farangs were in the front of the car and when the victim and his friends left they were followed. They came prepared as they had a bag of stones in a cloth bag.

The poor victim left the bar worried and they jumped out of the car and gave him a bad beating with stones in cloth bags.

This is unfortunately their tactic to scare the customers away. My friend was supposed to go to the police today but didnt for some reason or another.

The cashier has resigned after her motorcycle was trashed last night.

My friend is experienced runnning bars etc in Essex, howver there he knew how things worked .

He is at his wits end, he has indicated that he will not sell up.

(The alleged culprits are out on bail now and the farangs were never even questioned despite the car being registered to the farangs wife.

Dave

Go to the police and the media. Take pictures or video of the culprits. Since when do farangs and Thais get along together to form a gang? Just because someone has the balls to ask for money doesn't mean you have to give it. It's a numbers game. Maybe some bar owners give money and maybe some don't. The once who get frightened easily pay the others don't. The last thing he should do is pay. These assholes can't keep bashing customers and have the police look the other way. He needs to get attention for his problem so people so the police have to act. Get media attention for it outside of Thailand. Go to the cops and at least see what they say about it. But don't just sit back and do nothing as your friend seems to be doing.

I was tooling a girl from Chonburi a couple of years back. Her father owned 3 bars in Walking Street I think it was. She said that any farang who thinks he can open a bar in Pattaya and not get shaked down is a fucking idiot.

If it's not these other farangs it will be thais or the police so whichever way he will pay.

Bust, Man Dave, all,

Well, we have farang bar owners here on the board. Maybe they can tell us if they are paying 'protection' money. It's a 'protection racket' as it is called in the US, you are paying money to protect yourself from their actions. As long as you pay they leave you alone, but, the bad guys are greedy and if they think you are weak they'll keep upping the ante. The guy needs his own muscle, or he needs the cops to protect him and he needs to get as much info and evidence for the cops to arrest and deport this creepy London mobster wanna-be. I can't believe that a farang is getting away with this preying on other farang bar owners. And this London bully boy has a Thai wife as well. I wonder what her 'connections' are, and I wonder if maybe some low level cop thugs are involved as well.

But he does need to find out if other farang bar owners are paying the protecion money, and if so, how much. If the cops can't or won't help he at least needs to know what the actual pay off should be and not just pay the original asking price. First off I would hire an off duty cop, an officer, or respected nco at least, as my 'doorman'. Someone who would be able to see what is happening and help him get the straight cops on his side. And, if I had to pay anyone off, I'd rather pay off the cops than this Brit cunt. Although having to pay anyone would seriously burn my balls and piss me off. What they are asking (40,000 baht a month was it?) could hire one some decent muscle there, or pay the cops off well enough they'd be happy to 'assist'.

I'd really get around to the other bars and see if others are having the same problems with this cunt, and I'd try to join forces and collectively go after the guy either legally, and if that failed, a collection would/could be taken up to break his head, or set him up on a dope bust, something like that to get even and stop his bothering me and mine. If I thought my wife was in danger the bastard wouldn't last the week.

The reason he is getting away with this is because people are scared and cave in and just pay. Is there no association of bar owners? Ask Ricky and the other managers if they are having this same trouble maybe? It's a bar on Walking Street wasn't it? (Reading back I see it is on Soi Bukhao. Lots of new Brit owned establishments there now it seems.)

Cent

Archived