No more Ms Nice Guy

Flashermac

There's nothing right or honourable about British politicians...

American elections are always nasty and farcical...just goes to prove they will stop at nothing, lies, deceit and gutter tactics are commonplace, fine credentials for the presidency then...

Really, you have to wonder if any candidates are worthy. Whichever you get, they are power hungry liars.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have to wonder if the British elections are any more civil? I don't see much difference between the tories and labourites than I do with democrats and republicans frankly.

I think the civil elections, if you can find one anywhere, are the exception rather than the rule ANYWHERE in the world.

Speaking of civil elections, I hear Clinton accusing Obama of being naive in terms of foreign policy. I have to say that just about anything different in approach is a welcome change from the norm. We seem naive anyway. We approach some nations as bullies or know-it-alls and are condescending, while approaching others as if we have no knowledge of the inner workings between ethnic or religious groups.

I'd like a totally different approach. I'd like us to approach nations as equals.

We need a change in foreign policy. A drastic one. As indicated in another thread, some of our foreign policy is based solely on certain voters. Certainly our policy toward Israel, Cuba, Vietnam and others are based either on domestic support or historical anger, etc.

I read a while back that the moderates in Iran went out on a limb to bargain with us and we rebuffed it with preconditions, etc. and gave the hard liners the edge.

In fact, I don't know of many foreign policy successes we've had?

In a radio interview with WAOI in San Antonio, Sen. Barack Obama commented about the photo on the website Drudge Report showing him dressed in traditional Somali attire.

"Everybody knows that whether it's me or Senator Clinton, or Bill Clinton, that when you travel to other countries they ask you to try on traditional garb that you have been given as a gift," he told WAOI, "The notion that the Clinton campaign would be trying to circulate this as a negative on the same day that Senator Clinton was giving a speech about how we repair our relationships around the world is sad. We are going to try to stay focused on what will make a difference in our foreign policy, including bringing the war in Iraq to an honorable end."

He noted that he believes Americans are saddened when they see "these kind of politics."

"The notion that they would try to use this to imply in some way that I'm foreign, I think is, you know, unfortunate," Obama later told Dallas/Ft. Worth radio station WBAP.

[color:red]"These are the kinds of political tricks and silliness you start seeing at the end of campaigns,"[/color] Obama said in an interview with the ABC Radio affiliate.

In addition, Obama campaign surrogates pushed back in a conference call this morning with reporters.

General Gration, one of Obamaâ??s foreign policy advisors, was on the trip with Obama in 2006 to Kenya where he donned the garb.

"We try on Christmas gifts sometimes that we may not want to keep but we do it to be a grateful recipient," Gration explained, "Barack Obama did what any leader would do, accept the gift, hospitality and token of friendship."

Susan Rice, anther top advisor to the campaign, recalled that President Clinton had done the same thing in his administration and said this is "ironic" timing on the day that Senator Clinton gives a foreign policy speech.

Rice called the picture's notoriety on Drudge to have the "very intention to be divisive," and says it promotes the idea that that the culture of other parties of the world are worthy of ridicule.

Both surrogates said they have yet to hear a denial from the Clinton campaign that they pushed this photo to Drudge.

Link

Here's why:

A new CBS News/New York Times poll finds Barack Obama with a 16-point lead over rival Hillary Clinton among Democratic primary voters nationwide.

Obama, coming off 11 straight primary and caucus victories, had the support of 54 percent of Democratic primary voters nationally. Clinton had 38 percent support.

In a CBS News poll taken three weeks ago, shortly before Super Tuesday, Obama and Clinton were tied at 41 percent. Clinton led by 15 points nationally in January.

The former first lady has lost her advantage among women, according to the poll. The two leading Democrats now have even levels of support among female primary voters.

Men, meanwhile, disproportionately favor Obama. He leads Clinton among male Democratic primary voters 67 percent to 28 percent, and leads among white men 61 percent to 33 percent.

Fifty-nine percent of Democratic primary voters said Obama has the best chance of beating likely Republican nominee John McCain in the general election. Twenty-eight percent said Clinton is most likely to win in November.

Obama is now seen as the likely Democratic nominee: More than two-thirds of Democratic primary voters said they expect the Illinois senator to win the nomination.

Poll standings

"..."Everybody knows that whether it's me or Senator Clinton, or Bill Clinton, that when you travel to other countries they ask you to try on traditional garb that you have been given as a gift,"..."

I seem to recall Reagan wearing Some sort of Japanese garb when he went to Japan. I see nothing wrong with this photo. Any photos of GWB in African garb from his recent trip? The sight of him doing that dance is still stuck in my head...

Obama's Obama's Army equipment story may be true

Gen. George Casey, the Army's chief of staff, said Tuesday he has no reason to doubt Barack Obama's recent account by an Army captain that a rifle platoon in Afghanistan didn't have enough soldiers or weapons.

But he questioned the assertion that the shortages prevented the troops from doing their job...

Archived