24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You have to appreciate the police policy in Soi Cowboy: Nudity good, tobacco bad. Nana's is the opposite. I agree that non smokers are the majority and will provide more business for the non smoking bars. However, there is a phase-in period where the cheaters win. A few calls may level the playing field. And yes, Munchie, I have been and will be calling. Sorry about your addiction, but most bars have smoking areas complete with smoking dancers just outside the door. Self selection, methinks.

555555555555 Maybe non-smokers are the majority in your home country, but amongst in Asia and those on holiday, the smokers are in a huge majority. I'd go 75% are smokers.

I'm not a ciggie smoker, and smoke my cigars outside out of courtesy (unless in a cigar bar), but this is one more nail in the coffin of Thailand. The point of living here is that they (used to) live and let live: if you are doing no harm to others, then have at it. Now it is getting almost as expensive as Singapore, and much more expensive than KL, and losing the few advantages it has on a daily basis.

Regards,

SD -- seriously considering moving back to KL or Sillypore

PS -- I know one cannot smoke in Singapore or Malaysia, but at least those countries work; why live in a corrupt, more unfriendly daily, third world place if you can't do third world things? I'll trade smelling like smoke in a bar for the other freedoms it delivers.

I am sure there is a number you can call to report nudity if you are really intent on leveling the playingfield and abiding the law. But I guess you dont give a rats ass about that, but use it as an argument to support your personal taste in selected cases. Not that you are a hypocrite, of course...

Most bars are smokefree now, but I guess that is not enough for you. You want them all to be and will of course go to those bars you know have smoke.

What else should we ban from the bars? Americans are not much in favour these days. Guess the majority would approve on banning them from the bars ;)

I dont smoke by the way....

Paillote

Put it on your cell phone and call when you see them lighting up. I'd put a special emphasis on the Nana Plaza bars, which seems to be full of smokers with cops standing around doing nothing.

Were have you been the last years? Until 1945 we have had loads of guys like you in Germany reporting jews, zigs and commis for deportation. Some got new jobs in the GDR afterwards reporting people who watched western TV or read western newspapers. They were made redundand 1990. So now you got a new mission reporting smokers? Great career for a denunciator. :barf:

Flash is right :wanker:

MaW

There will be areas where I can legally smoke, I will smoke.

And woe betide any self righteous, ego inflated, non smoking proselytizer, who approaches me and attempts to enforce his or her ideas of what I should be doing with my health, on me.

I may have to enforce my ideas of what his or her face should look like, on him or her.

And if this sounds offensive, consider what it feels like to be treated like a leper.

Smoking because the act itself is not illegal.

Coss

There will be areas where I can legally smoke, I will smoke.

And woe betide any self righteous, ego inflated, non smoking proselytizer, who approaches me and attempts to enforce his or her ideas of what I should be doing with my health, on me.

I may have to enforce my ideas of what his or her face should look like, on him or her.

And if this sounds offensive, consider what it feels like to be treated like a leper.

Coss

This is how the smokers are treated down here ...banned all over the place ..and as you say it is a legal substance..

One of the big issues is, that if I as a smoker am somewhere, smoking, then the non smokers think it's their right to arrive and ban smokers.

As smoker I don't arrive in non smokers haunts and try to ban them, I don't even register the fact that they don't smoke.

The basic issues of freedom are what most western democracies are based on. The hounding of smokers is inconsistent with basic freedom.

Rather than hounding smokers, the solution would be to create smoking only and non-smoking only preserves. Live and let live.

I can refrain from venting my feelings in public about non smokers, surely non smokers have the civility to return the courtesy.

Coss

Archived