24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

So I should be ruining my health and being made miserable for our Asian friends pleasure? Why? All this crap about individual rights to pollute my airspace is ignorant of the fact that I have a right to breathe as clean of air as there is to be had in Bangkok. And the analogy about prostitution versus smoking is similarly flawed. Someone being a hooker or buying one doesn't affect me a bit-unless I miss my turn with a cutie that night. Your smoke does. A separate poll is probably a very good idea, as most of the hangers-on to this thread are rabid pro-smoking advocates. And most, if they actually admit it, are tobacco addicts who would really like to quit but haven't tried too hard. This ban just may help them too.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
So I should be ruining my health and being made miserable for our Asian friends pleasure? Why? All this crap about individual rights to pollute my airspace is ignorant of the fact that I have a right to breathe as clean of air as there is to be had in Bangkok. And the analogy about prostitution versus smoking is similarly flawed. Someone being a hooker or buying one doesn't affect me a bit-unless I miss my turn with a cutie that night. Your smoke does. A separate poll is probably a very good idea, as most of the hangers-on to this thread are rabid pro-smoking advocates. And most, if they actually admit it, are tobacco addicts who would really like to quit but haven't tried too hard. This ban just may help them too.

Of course, you may just be objecting to the smell (I do too, but deal with it) of your clothes after a night out. It seems that there are many studies that show it is not really a health issue. And as I said before, put your tired assumptions aside: I am not a ciggie smoker, so this ban does not really affect me outside of the displeasure of watching my friends be treated like lepers. And that interferes with my enjoyment!

Regards,

SD -- has no desire to control anyone's actions as long as what they are doing is legal

And woe betide any self righteous, ego inflated, non smoking proselytizer, who approaches me and attempts to enforce his or her ideas of what I should be doing with my health, on me.

And what about what you are doing to other peoples health by smoking?

If you want the freedom to smoke you should respect others freedom to avoid smoke.

If you want the freedom to smoke you should respect others freedom to avoid smoke.

Agree totally. Mutual respect of each other's rights. I have no issues with smoking areas in places with smoke eaters and what have you to clean the air (err, the old smoking law which they did not enforce). If some places chose to be non-smoking, that's cool too and they would not lose my custom as I would know already the score and would have made the choice to go there (or not).

But a total ban everywhere forcing members of my party to scurry off to do something legal just sticks in my craw.

Cheers,

SD

No - YOU eating a burger isn't going to make me sick!

YOU smoking a cigarette does,

Simple,

You want to shoot up in front of me? Take some tabs? Snort a line? I don't give a fuck, unless you spray blood on me, hurts only YOU

You light up a joint, a cigar, cigarette, then it does AFFECT me directly, immediately.

Wrong comparisons.

The right comparisons as to how these little Mummy and Daddy bossy wanna-bes are going to tell us everything we need to do in our lives to stay healthy. They want to tell us all what we can do. For our own good of course. As they know what is best for everyone.

And, how does my smoking in a 'smoking' bar room established 'for smokers', and with signage at the entrance telling you 'This Is A Smoking Establishment', affect your health? Don't fucking enter the bar if this is a concern for you? Right?

Like I said, it is about having the choice. These stupid laws that go this far take away your choices. There is no reason in the world why business owners cannot choose what they want to present for their customers. Smoking is a legal activity. If I want to open a bar that caters to those who want to enjoy this legal activity then, why can't I? That's my point, and my comparison is that these people want it all their way, and have no qualms about trying to enforce their will and desires on us all.

Next, no burgers for you, as they think it is not good for you! :) And yes, your burger-laden fat ass also would be considered a health hazard and costs billions in health care costs too. :) So, they'll make laws against the serving of these foods you might enjoy on occasion, so the ones killing themselves over-eating it every day will be saved from themselves. Meanwhile, you will not be able to enjoy the occasional bad foods on a night out, or a smoke in your favorite smoking club or bar, because, it is against the law to do so. The holy rollers will save us all and legislate us to death with all their rules and regs, and the sheep will bleat their brainwashed mantra 'til the cows come home.

Like I said, I am for choice. We should have the right to choose. The non-smokers can choose to enter a smoking establishment... or not. Up to them. Smokers can (and do all the time) use non-smoking establishments and abide by the rules. But taking away all rights to even have a smoking establishment is total wank bullshit.

JMHO.

Cent

"You light up a joint, a cigar, cigarette, then it does AFFECT me directly, immediately."

And what I am saying is people should have the choice to have a business that is not for you, the non-smoker, but caters to the smokers. Why does every business have to cater to the non-smokers of the world? Why do they have the right to dictate that ALL venues/businesses have to be set up for their needs while the smokers get nothing for themselves? See? That's the problem. It only affects you if YOU decide to enter the smoking premises, and THAT is YOUR choice.

See you tomorrow, CTO. We can discuss more of this in Cowboy. Step outside and join the smokers. :) They need to set up a pole and a cute dancer out on the front porches of the bars there. 55555!

Cent

DO you think this will blow over, or like pfp, just be ignored in the long run?

Precedent is there. They did pretty much ignore the 2002 law after a couple of months, and they are (supposedly) not fining people until 1 June. So easy enough to just let it slide ala the usual "TiT" laizzes faire-ness we (usually) love so much.

Cheers,

SD

Archived