24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Corinthian,

You know, as a chemist I am surprised that the anti smoking people are not also the anti cars and, especially, anti-motorbike people?

Maybe because they already working those things for many years? While banning cars and motorbikes from public roads is unrealistic, things are being done. Thailand has tough vehicle emissions standards, dramatic limits on motorcycle engine displacement, uses natural gas to power taxis, and so on. Air quality in Bangkok has improved in the last 20 years despite explosive development.

But bang for the buck, you just can't beat telling people to take their cig outside. While it might not be among the great polluters by a long shot, the cost to eliminate it 100% is nearly free. Thus, it makes a lot of sense when you look at it not by its ranking, but in terms of what can be achieved and at what cost.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But bang for the buck, you just can't beat telling people to take their cig outside. While it might not be among the great polluters by a long shot, the cost to eliminate it 100% is nearly free. Thus, it makes a lot of sense when you look at it not by its ranking, but in terms of what can be achieved and at what cost.

The cost to personal freedom is extreme.

The Bamboo Bar is strictly non smoking . And probably the only place on earth where it makes sense because the girls working inside had an awful time breathing through kind of fog all night . Reason is that even people who never smoke cigars anywhere used to lit one from next door's cigar shop sooner or later . Apart from the place being too noisy I never went inside due to that reason .

Will that be after you bust out a couple of my teeth? Why would I want your pic then, to use as a mug shot for the police? I did see a couple of morons that choose not to read the big, lighted 'No Smoking' sign at Angelwitch tonight, but for the most part it was smoke free. And a great later part of the night at Hillary Bar, with a great band and totally smoke free. Tonight's T shirt winner is a tie between the huge boobed gal with "Super Size' and the other cutie with 'Its better being Brunette'. Hope you enjoyed those smokes. Its getting close to the end. And if that is your best rebellion in action, I won't worry too much.

Yes, great retort, but he's still an arse for smoking in a bar ! :stirthepo

Oh . . . I hope some farang approaches me and trys to tell me not to smoke.

'Cause I will stuff my cigar right up his arse!

And for the rest of you this ain't a "gay" thing.

It's a real cigar! And I got a long fist/forearm!

These polictically correct people should be out stamping out prostitution and let the gals go back to the village and grow cabbage!

Did you really have to travel 3,000 kilometers/miles to enforce your UK California "rules"?

:thumbdown: and :thumbup:

Archived