24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And... Munch had a good time being a rebel and smoking cigars in a Patpong bar not known for its pretty girls. I'm happy he had a good time, and if patpong turns out to remain a smoking area its OK by me as I never go there.

Meanwhile, I spent the weekend nights at Tokyo Joes, enjoying a great Bangkok Blues Festival in non-smoking happiness. The law was strictly enforced, and everyone co-operated in keeping seats for the tobacco addicts that went outside to smoke. There is a great sign at TJ's. Two Marlboro men riding off into the sunset. The caption is 'I miss my lung'.

No, new smokers are being addicted every day, thanks to peer pressure, advertising, and sports sponsorships that portray it as a good thing, as well as chemicals mixed with the tobacco designed to aid addiction. Watch the movie 'Thank You For Smoking'. It would be even funnier if it wasn't so true. While I am somewhat concerned for what smokers are doing to their bodies, I (and the law) are much more concerned with the affect of their smoke on others in their airspace.

Archived