24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Sounds good! Then let's ban alchol, pain pills and other forms of medication... shit, lets ban water. If it wasn't for my father consuming too much water, he might be still alive today.

Ban orange juice becuse I have a bad reaction to it.

Shit, ban condoms because some have allergies from them.

But then, some people can become responsible and act accordingly so we can have a lot more laws then we already have.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You continue to miss the point that none of the things you mention have any negative effect on those within the same airspace. Why is this so hard for you to understand, and why do you keep bringing up so many unrelated issues?

As for your last statement, which makes no sense to me at all as written, if smokers had become more responsible (in the past), and acted accordingly (i.e. not stunk up every restaurant and bar they entered), maybe we wouldn't have needed the no smoking laws. But they didn't, so we do. Thats easy to understand, at least for me.

Sounds good! Then let's ban alchol, pain pills ... shit, lets ban water

Ban orange juice , ban condoms

Dude, what are you smoking? If ever there was proof needed on the effects on nicotine on the brain, your reasoning is it. I could care less of your pain pills, condoms et al. Second hand smoke inhalation is all we are interested in. Get it? Non smokers are.

You continue to miss the point that none of the things you mention have any negative effect on those within the same airspace. Why is this so hard for you to understand, and why do you keep bringing up so many unrelated issues?

A car or simple breathing has a negative effect on those within the same airspace. (Diminishing of O2 in the area.) Will you ban cars? How about breathing or coughing??

That is an absolutely dumb argument for both a chemistry and a biology point of view.

You are not very smart are you?

i dont really get this smokers-nonsmokers discussion as it is like a war HOW the discussion is done. Arguments of Freedom should count for smoker and nonsmoker otherwise there is NO concept of Freedom. So have some bars choose the smokers and others the nonsmokers. But even that doesnt solve all the probs because mostly when u go out with friends this will be a mixed (non)/smokers group. Arguments of smokers who want their Freedom to smoke, need then also take up their responsability towards others in their vicinity whilst smoking. The nonsmoker cannot just stop breathing and so is forced to inhale damaging air to his or her lungs and so putting toxins in their body. Is Freedom then for the nonsmoker ONLY to stay away from smokers places which is rightly so as SD says at least 75% of farang in LoS. So the nonsmokers are forced to be daily in smoke of others as most of these farang eat in restaurants, go to bars, or even whilst sitting on the beach.

Many smokers are in complete denial of the damages to others and when confronted they blame the nonsmoker. The real people are not talking, its their addiction talking. IF they blame the other they dont need to take the responsibility and they can keep smoking...

Smokers do not find they pollute the air (which is free space for all) and dont seem to be able to see that smoking detoriates your taste and smell senses so they cannot judge whether the air is clean 'enough' for a nonsmoker. A nonsmoker - who is not used to breathing in somebody's smoke -can therefore have a problem with the smoke of another's smoke even a 100 metres away, not because it smells bad but because of the inhalation of toxins giving a response to this clean body. An evening of spending with smoking friends can therefore mean pain in the throat for a week or a throat infection or cold...

So if a nonsmoker calls this smoking violation number, it is not for snitch reasons but for health reasons. This hardly has anything to do with the Nazis. Its more likely that the smoker is the Nazi as he or she is posing his/her will on another as the other has no choice. THe nonsmoker has the choice of not going out of dinner or a drink at all and choose for social isolation in a smokers world.

BTW some smokers but not many do understand these principles and go out of their way to save the nonsmoker from smoking involuntary with him or her. And they are in general not the smokers who stand in front of the door. As many smokers are not dumb and they can count to two they can actually use their brains to figure out that the wind, even the slightest breaze, will pull a lot of the cig smoke into the restaurant, bar, hotel, shopping center etc. That is also on workspots where ppl work together but in their own rooms. The smoke is certainly not confined to their room. Eventhough they might think so...

Let's not talk bout how attractive sex is with a smoker...

Denial is the only way to keep smoking.

Archived