24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

From what I have seen, people that want to reguate just about everything, also seem to want other laws to be enforced; such as prostitution laws and drinking laws. Shit, the day is coming the only thing you might be able to do without breaking the law is pay your taxes.

Sorry BT I cannot leave this one alone...Your fluid reasoning is getting better! OF course all the nonsmokers on this site will want prostitution out of this world too!!! And I must admit i rather have no prostitution in my ideal world. Every body should be easy to connect with each other on physical and spiritual levels but without payment one way or another. Too bad we live in such a fucked up world...But we can create a better one...one day...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

my personal experience:

barowners all over the place hardly care if you smoke or not. Reply from the owner of the bar with no name on SC: Smoking is now illegal, but so is nudiity : Girls: STRIP ( and off came the bikinis) and an Ashtray on my table

In a OPENAIR restaurant at the sea in HuaHin:

While smoking an ashtray was given by the staff. An american bitch came complaining : my reply. Call the police, see if they care.. ( the cunt was with a Couple of which the man thumbed us upwards when she was told by us to mind her own business. Probably a femy vbitch that was also trying to ruin their holiday)

Pattaya: Anglewitch had ashtrays and smokers ( apart from the smoke in the show)

other places like lucifer and Marinedisco where full of smokers as well

I guess the smoking ban is not working as the police does nothing.

Hilton Huhin enfirces the Ban, but then again , "allows" ppl to spike drinks while smiking outside.

Angelwitch had about 4 smokers last night the whole time I was there, so most patrons appear to be able to read the no smoking signs. The girls also have to smoke outside, so an ideal smokers' area, complete with girls is just outside the door. As for Cactus, as soon as he had the fuglies strip I would have run out the door-if I had happened to have lost my way and been in there in the first place. Baronbonk estimates about 90% compliance overall, which seems about right. I expect this will increase in June when the bib have a 22K baht reason to bust smokers.

b][color:red]"Angelwitch had about 4 smokers last night the whole time I was there, so most patrons appear to be able to read the no smoking signs. The girls also have to smoke outside, so an ideal smokers' area, complete with girls is just outside the door. As for Cactus, as soon as he had the fuglies strip I would have run out the door-if I had happened to have lost my way and been in there in the first place. Baronbonk estimates about 90% compliance overall, which seems about right. I expect this will increase in June when the bib have a 22K baht reason to bust smokers."[/b][/color]

Gee, do you ever have any fun?

So it has been a month now, here is my take:

Soi Cowboy it is strictly enforced since day one and there is no noticeable change in the number of customers that I can see.

Nana/Patpong smoking still goes on, though not necessarily everywhere and ashtrays are provided at many places. Smoking seems a lot less now, perhaps some smokers are respecting the spirit of the law already.

A major surprise is every Thai oriented place I have been to whether a giant disco in Bangkok or a tiny mom and pop joint in the far corner of Thailand signs are up and the no smoking ban is being enforced! So if you think this just a law to make pocket money off farangs while ignoring Thai's doing it, think again.

So it has been a month now, here is my take:

Soi Cowboy it is strictly enforced since day one and there is no noticeable change in the number of customers that I can see.

Nana/Patpong smoking still goes on, though not necessarily everywhere and ashtrays are provided at many places. Smoking seems a lot less now, perhaps some smokers are respecting the spirit of the law already.

A major surprise is every Thai oriented place I have been to whether a giant disco in Bangkok or a tiny mom and pop joint in the far corner of Thailand signs are up and the no smoking ban is being enforced! So if you think this just a law to make pocket money off farangs while ignoring Thai's doing it, think again.

I frequent a number of watering holes in the Bang Na/Srinakarin area, and I can assure you that smoking is going on in many places. Some bars have stricter non-smoking policy than others ofcourse, and everywhere everyone is smoking in the toilets.

I was at Param 9 the other day, ashtray was provided.

More than ever now, appreciate your concern. Thanks to the ban I don't have tobacco addicts blowing used smoke on me. And since I go to the bars for the girls, and not for the smoking opportunity as you do, its getting better and better. And you smokers are welcome to Cactus, aka no-name bar, and its collection of fuglies. Stick's column this week notes that even the Biergarden is now largely smoke free, and that most of the girls are choosing to sit in the non-smoking part. So apparently even the Biergarden girls prefer not to kiss an ashtray.

Are there some holdouts? Sure. Which is why I avoid the Rainbow bars and Angelwitch in Nana now, and spend more time in Shark. Worst current offender: Thermae by a mile. If getting a second-hand smoke fix is your thing, go to Thermae where low ceilings, a non-existant ventilation system, Japanese chain smokers, and 'official' ownership create a second to none smokers den. And if you're interested in the girls Thermae has available, just show up outside at midnight when they can be seen in a tobacco free display on the steps.

I had a loudmouth Aussie come up to me while i was smoking in a bar a few nights ago. He was in his 40's with a nice little issan lady he had picked up from the plaza.

"did you smoking in bar's is illegal in Thailand now?"

he enquired

"yes, and did you know prostitution is also illegal in Thailand?" i retorted

that shut him up, cunt

i notice baronbonk quoted my tale in Sukhumvit Eye this issue

I have one question, where is my royalty cheque???

Archived