24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Whats the latest in Pattaya, seems to me its a little hit and miss, some bars enforcing, others not..is this the case?

CF,

My Local in Pattaya that you have visited is still a smokers haven and will continue to be so until the first time they are fined. The general concensus amongst expat bar owners is that Pattaya is so under policed that they will not have time to go around all the bars and enforce the ban.

Whats the latest in Pattaya' date=' seems to me its a little hit and miss, some bars enforcing, others not..is this the case?[/quote']

CF,

My Local in Pattaya that you have visited is still a smokers haven and will continue to be so until the first time they are fined. The general concensus amongst expat bar owners is that Pattaya is so under policed that they will not have time to go around all the bars and enforce the ban.

Good to hear, Might have to be my new local :)

Being a smoker again for now 1 week.

Thailand is perfectly entitled to enforce this law as this is for "the greater good" (to quote one of the most hilarious movies I watched -> Hot fuzz).

Although I can not stop myself thinking that it will be enforced "selectively" as it will provide a mean for some law enforcing people to improve their salaries.

This said, I will just go smoke outside and add a bit of garbage to the streets.

If I enjoyed bj I would say that I would miss having 2 smoke at the same time.

(but I hate bj so...)

:beer:

• 2 weeks later...

Only 3 more weeks until the fines for smoking where others are breathing kick in. :thumbup: And from what I've seen lately, compliance with the law is improving. I like seeing smokers sitting outside in the heat and pollution to deal with their addiction, :( while non-smokers can enjoy the cool, clean air, and the ladies, inside. :hubba:

As a smoker, my initial reaction to this "debate" was one of anger, but then I considered it a bit more...

Wasn't there another no-smoking law on the books a few years back? I suspect this one will be exactly as effective as the last. :grin:

Reason being: other than the two militant assclowns on this thread, nobody gives a shit!

It is likely that Thai authorities are going to care even less. All this law will do is provide another source of bribes to "look the other way".

:neener::neener::neener:

Quit trying to take away our freedoms! If you think that this will stop with cigarettes, you are sadly mistaken.

Someone just as militant as you is looking to stop the sale of alcohol, end prostitution, and a whole litany of other activities that YOU may consider fun.

How exciting will Nana Plaza be in a few years with no booze and no girls?

Hey, look on the bright side, at least the air inside will be clean! :rolleyes:

-=/NN

Archived