24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Fucking is good for your health and smoking/drinking is bad for your health :hubba:

Well, ya, that's your opinion. And I happen to agree with it.

But what of the guys who disagree with you, that say that pussy is bad. Lot's of them in America (where the anti-smoking laws come from).

That's the point. We are in a place where people can do as they please, thank fuck (as opposed to the Western police states). If you start to curtail that, it is a very slippery slope to making LoS into just another America et al. Do you *really* want that? If so, why come here? Stay home!

Isn't it better to just live and let live? Yes, that means compromise. But you must be a big enough man to understand what that means, right?

Cheers,

SD -- who still has no issues smoking his fav bars, but is afraid to lose any rights...

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The thing I don't understand is the same people who say it's their right to smoke next to other people are same people who react negatively should someone light up a cigar next to them! What happened to freedom, peoples rights, and the slippery slope?

As a smoker, my initial reaction to this "debate" was one of anger, but then I considered it a bit more...

Wasn't there another no-smoking law on the books a few years back? I suspect this one will be exactly as effective as the last. :grin:

Reason being: other than the two militant assclowns on this thread, nobody gives a shit!

Neon Ninja, you still seem pretty angry, or maybe your unrelenting nicotine addiction kicked in again. I feel sorry for you. Drug addiction is tough to deal with. Go smoke another one. Maybe then you can calm down enough for a few minutes to remember that most people do not smoke cigarettes. Your reference to "another no-smoking law on the books a few years back" seems to imply that it was not very effective. If you are referring to the law that banned smoking in air-conditioned restaurants, well, I hate to disillusion you, but this law has been, and is, working very well indeed. Eating good food in a smoke-free restaurant is now no problem at all.

Your freedom to blow smoke into other people's lungs is just not important enough to deny the rest of us the right to breathe clean air in venues where we both like to go. Sorry about that. Please smoke your cigarettes where this is legal, and maybe even be thankful that your drug addiction is still legal, and you can buy and smoke without worrying about going to jail. Can't you enjoy your drug without making others suffer?

[blah...blah...blah...SNIP]

If you are referring to the law that banned smoking in air-conditioned restaurants, well, I hate to disillusion you, but this law has been, and is, working very well indeed. Eating good food in a smoke-free restaurant is now no problem at all.

Bullcrap, last time I was there (well after the smoking law), I recall having about a 50% success rate of being able to light up in any restaurant I wished.

[blah...blah...propaganda...SNIP]

Please smoke your cigarettes where this is legal, and maybe even be thankful that your drug addiction is still legal.

Alcohol and Whores are next.

The same EXACT arguments about supposedly "hurting others" also apply.

-=/NN

"Bullcrap, last time I was there (well after the smoking law), I recall having about a 50% success rate of being able to light up in any restaurant I wished."

Neon Ninja, can you enlighten us as to when you were last "there" (in Thailand?) and to help your fellow nicotine addicts, can you name which restaurant(s) you were "able to light up in"?

Your statement, "I recall having about a 50% success rate of being able to light up in any restaurant I wished." implies that you were not able to "light up" in half of the restaurants you visited. This begs the question; Did you actually eat in any of these non-smoking restaurants, or is your addiction so powerful that you were not able to enjoy a meal in clean air?

As the proud and often attacked op, I am surprised and delighted that this thread is still alive and well. To those who are hoping that the new law won't be enforced, I just read that the Ministry of Health is working out a 50-50 split with the BIB on the 20K baht fines in return for the cops enforcing the law. Some bar owners have already been warned, and some are planning on passing on the fine to the smoker. So those of you who praise the Thai way of law enforcement will have yet another way to show your appreciation. It will be the same as that 500 baht you pay for speeding-multiplied by 40.

For now, the bars are dimming the lights when the smoke cops come, same as they do to get the nude dancers to cover up. So play like the misbehaving little addict you are and light up that smelly phallic symbol while you can. As a previous poster noted, there is no smoking in restaurants now. Soon, with the help of a profit motive for the BIB, the bars will be free of smoke as well.

Also, some studies are now linking smoking directly to erectile disfunction. This from Smoking and Sustaining an Erection-The Sad Truth: 'One study in the UK estimated that 120,000 men in their 30's and 40's had developed ED because of smoking. Furthermore, smoking increases other risk factors for impotence. Smoking has been considered to cause complete impotence in men with hypertension, high cholesterol levels, and diabetes.' It concluded: 'The sad thing about this is that the majority of smokers are not even aware of the risk smoking has to their sexual health.' Now you are. Good time to quit. Anybody here who would rather smoke than boink?

As the proud and often attacked op, I am surprised and delighted that this thread is still alive and well....

I'm not surprised that you are, coz if it wasn't for this thread you'd probably have little else to post about. After all, 36 of your 57 posts to date are in this thread.

Archived