24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Today, May 31, is World No Tobacco Day. If I understand the Thai law correctly, this day is also the last day before the 22,000 baht fines for illegal smoking kick in full force. If I know Thailand, this day will be the smokers' last chance to violate the law without paying for it, or being called on it. So, smokers, enjoy your last chance to blow your smoke in the faces of the rest of us on World No Tobacco Day, in the few venues that still allow you to do so, mostly in Patpong and Nana. As of June 1, your sickening smoking in our faces is history!!!

:rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl::rotl:

Obviously you *don't* know Thailand if you really think anything is gonna change overnight!

Cheers,

SD

I didn't mean that things change overnight in Thailand. After 16 years of living here, I know better than that. Perhaps the vehemence of my hatred for having other people blow smoke in my face and lungs, caused me to over-state my case.

The no-smoking law has been phased in gradually for over three months, since February 11. During that time, in most formerly-smoking venues I have visited, smokers are now outside. I have been very encouraged by the changes in Cowboy bars, massage parlors, music venues, pool bars, and others.

Of course, there are some hold-outs. TIT, after all. For example, this evening I paid a brief visit to Patpong, where I rarely go, just to check on compliance with the law. Kudos to Kings Group bars for complying. I did find two bars in which smokers were still smoking: Electric Blue and Pussy Collections.

In EB, I bought a beer before noticing that two customers and a bargirl were smoking. I paid the checkbin and moved outside, where smokers must sit in law-abiding venues, to finish the beer. I made sure they knew my reason for moving.

In PC, I first asked the door girl if I could smoke inside. Oh yes, she replied. When I showed my disappointment and started to walk away, she assured me that nobody was smoking inside. So I followed her inside. Sure enough, a bargirl chose that moment to light one up. I pointed at her, gave her a thumbs down, and walked out, inwardly thanking her for helping me make my point.

I haven't yet called 02-590-3342 to report these two venues. Should I?

this evening I paid a brief visit to Patpong, where I rarely go, just to check on compliance with the law.

That's the saddest, most ridiculous thing I have ever heard in my life.

FFS, I gave up smoking about 30 years ago but I think I might just start again in honour of you.

:wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker::wanker:

Seems there are people who take pleasure doing harm to others....

->" do not break someone else's bowl of rice"

It might be wise to spread the word among Thai bar owners etc...that there is a foreigner who is trying to denounce them to the police...

But it would be a crime to do so nope?

(because then the foreigner trying to enforce the smoking ban might end up dead?)

thailien8: Although I despise your behavior as being the worst I read about on this board, a friendly advise.

You should maybe try to be cautious, word spreads fast in the nightlife and you might have a very bad suprise one day with the Thais you try to piss off.

Archived