24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

YimSiam mate,

we should let this gentleman try to piss Thai bar owners and staff....at least we will get rid of him without wasting our time with him.

Thanks for the feedback, gentle smokers. The consensus seems to be that as my life will be in grave danger, I should not call. So I won't.

You guys sure get worked up over this. Some posters on other boards have been asking for someone to report on the current state of the smoking ban since June 1. So I thought I'd give some information. Sorry about that.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't yet called 02-590-3342 to report these two venues. Should I?

You would imagine that the thai mafia dons reserves their most vicious violence for traitors within the ranks' date=' major deadbeats, turf competitors -- but did anybody notice that they executed a guy who had reported on bars that used non-copyrighted music in Pattaya? It seems absurd, but they do play tough in the nightlife industry! But anyway, I'm sure that it would be completely impossible for a club owner who lost a few thousand baht in revenue to ever possibly dig out the name and phone number of someone who call that hotline, he'd probably have to pay a massive bribe of, like, 200 baht! [/quote']

The officials who answer the phone don't even ask for your name, just the name of the bar and its address. BTW, they don't usually speak English very well, so be patient with them. They do seem quite serious when they are taking your information. The idea that anyone should be intimidated from calling is ludicrous at best, obscene at worst.

This fucking thread just will not die???? :boxing:

Amazing, isn't it? Heartfelt thanks to all the smokers and their supporters for keeping the phone number front and center. Your insane threats and over the top verbosity are amusing and frightening at the same time. I guess it goes to illustrate what an addictive substance tobacco is. Its hard to imagine that on this board, of all places, people put smoking above boinking. Or even living a long healthy life for that matter.

ghelseath ,

I fully agree with your crusade , bad habits got to be surpressed . I get a feeling from your words that the people on the smoker phone don't understand what you say but will sure follow it up . I guess by phoning the local boys in brown who will then jump on the tanks and raid the establishment in question . Like they stopped prostitution didn't they ? I mean it's not allowed is it . Here we go : next time you ring your nonsmokers phone ask for the paid-sex-surpression-hotline will you . I mean it does no good to anybody , destroys families up north , girl loose their virginity , condoms pollute the river and so forth .

BuBi

No I don't smoke .

Maybe you could edit your reply again to spell my name right. Your argument, as well several others in the same vein, has already had a response. However, if you have forgotten, I will explain again. While I might argue the many positives of hookers, it is certainly easy enough to see that their dancing nude-whether vertically or horizontally-doesn't affect me except in a good way and by my choice. A smoker in the same room does, in a smelly way and not by my choice. Simple. Get it?

BTW, wrap your used condom in tp and discard in the bin to avoid river pollution. You're welcome.

The officials who answer the phone don't even ask for your name, just the name of the bar and its address. BTW, they don't usually speak English very well, so be patient with them. They do seem quite serious when they are taking your information....

How many bars have you reported?

Archived