24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
thailien8 lighten up (sorry about the pun) ... if someone blowes smoke in your face, change chairs, if they do it again warn them, if they do it again brake the feckin chair over their head ... it does not take to much to act charitably and 99.9% of people will act charitably back to you ... I don't like smoking because of the pollution to the seas ... being washed down the sewerage system ... for god's sake, ur breathing in bangkok air, give me a break your arguing ur causeon clean air (not that I disagree small steps help ...

I would say ciggarette butts are the least of your worriess in regard to sea pollution....

Whats the latest news on the ban in pattaya ?

Still smoking in most places amd the ban is unlikely to be impossed. Last week the police raided bars showing Euro 2008 (shown on terrestrial TV here)and ordered the football off but were not concerned that customers were smoking or that it was 3am.

I have heard that city hall and police are saying that the are fighting a big enough battle against yaba and other methamphetamines to waste resources going after smoking in bars.

• 2 weeks later...

well, I am new here and want to fit in, so I went out in Bangkok last night going from bar to bar.

Whenever I saw somebody smoking, I called the number and reported it.

Just want you to know that I am onside with the program and happy to be a member of a board so committed to law and order.

There were a couple of places staying open past the approved time - is there a number to call and report that too?

Thanks everybody - good to be here!

Archived