24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

I had 40 as well. I just changed my settings from 10 posts per page to 25. Now, I'm looking at 16, and I feel a lot better. :)

Hmmm. Didn't know one could change it. I just changed to 50 and feel really good LOL!

Cheers,

SD -- #1 on pg 9....wooohoo!!!

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last time I was in Thermae, I used their phone and called 02-590-3342. Sure enough, a Thai police officer answered the phone. Boy was he pissed. I guess he had caller ID. He said [color:red]â??Ghelseth or Thailien8 or whatever other name you go by, if you call one more time tonite, we are going to let you spend the whole week in a cell full of katoeys. Of all the years I have worked here, I have never seen a farang so bent on getting laid by a bunch of katoeys.â?Â[/color]

I guess everybody knows this guy by now.

They might have thought it was me, as I have been calling regularly.

Last night I called to report a bar and it was busy the first two times I called - must be a lot of people reporting now and it does seem that there is less smoking

I realize that we are barely past the six month point of 2008, but I think that we should consider ghelseth as a leading candidate for Thai360 Man of the Year.

Who else has done more to improve the quality of the bars in 2008? He has the leadership quality needed.

Anyone else want to jump on the bandwagon?

",,,, a lot less smoking in the bars.""

Well that is less to do with compliance and more to do with a lot of us not being in LOS.

Wait till the high season/impending coup/6 months to pass/smoking police to find another source of tea money, I mean if they were successful there'd be no more tea money would there?

Thermae does not allow katoeys (ladyboys) inside, which means that the 80 or so young ladies I saw clearly in the smoke-free air this evening were all the real thing. There were some real honeys among them, and no bar fine to pay, not to mention the drinks I bought for a couple of them were 60 baht, half the price in a gogo bar. Sorry, smokers....

But do not despair, smokers. My short visit to Patpong this evening revealed that every gogo bar but one (Kings Castle One) allows smoking. Never mind that they all have "No-Smoking" signs posted. They all feel free to violate the law. The Lumpini police seem to have their priorities sufficiently screwed up to allow smoking, while cracking down on showing. So rejoice, smokers! You can go to Patpong, ogle mostly over-the-hill ladies in full bikinis while indulging in what is really important to you, sucking on your nicotine sticks, to the great annoyance of some of those around you. And please don't fret about my calling 02-590-3342 to report your illegal behavior. Your death threats have been effective in stopping me from calling. Congratulations

For those of you who think it is so awful that I go to Patpong to check on smoking, don't worry. I am quite happy to go to Cowboy to enjoy the bikini-free girls in smoke-free bars there.

Archived