24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

I'd call him a discerning gentleman. Hey, did you all read about Gates and Bloomberg getting together to spend $375 million to reduce smoking worldwide, with an emphasis on developing countries? Sounds good to me, but I doubt even that's enough to get some of the hard core smokers here to quit.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Although gel's suggestion of calling that number reminds me of the STASI days I can report that the last time I had tu inhale fumes was some 3 months ago at Eurotavern, Vilvoorde Brussels, where a bunch of LOS addicts meets every friday. Belgium has forbidden smoking in restaurants (and taverns?) but no one cares at that place, all addicted customers I guess.

Now I was sitting at the village only food place 600kms North-East from Bangkok(can't call it a restaurant due to lack of infrastructure) and I was pleased to see this guy lighting a stick on the road between parked cars.

I have not smelled the stink of tobacco in 100 days and feel much relieved :elephant:

Germaniii just lifted the smoking ban for small pubs who have only one room, are smaller than 75m², do not let people younger than 18 in and do not serve food.

They have to put up a sign indicating, that this is a smokers bar.

Finally common sense is kicking in - and that in Krautland!!! :bow::applause::bow:

Here is a toast to freedom of choice! :beer::beer::beer:

MaW

Even as non-smoker I strongly support the German jurisdiction here . This was the constitutional court by the way not a local judge in Nakhon Frankfurt .

The problem is that including Man-at Work :sad: everybody seems to misunderstand the result because it only says that the current jurisdiction discriminates small one-room pubs due to too many clauses saying where you can smoke and where not . If the law would be changed to [color:red]Strictly no smoking everywhere[/color] it just would be like that . The current issue in favour of smokers is just the tecnical reaction to a badly designed law , it does not say smoking should be allowed .

My permanent Mantra says : let the smokers assemble and smoke at places which show outside : Here is smokers agreed territory , if you don't like it fuck off . Freedom of choice , kind of .

BuBi

Archived