24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Im not that clever, I work from home, and besides I have no reason to hide my identity. Which is more than I can say for most of you with your clever monikers. Gotta say Munchmaster is my fav, imagine that image.

Now, since they say there is none so blind as he who refuses to see, and there appear to be so many here who are blind by choice, I have a couple of interesting studies for you to reject, pick apart, and finally ignore the facts: First, a Scottish study that shows a 17% drop in heart attacks within the year after the smoking ban was enacted there. Second, the fact that lung cancer rates in California, which was among the first states to enact a public area ban, are dropping three times as fast as the rest of the United States. OK blind men, have at it.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The one thing I do not understand is how these guys continue to remain blind to smoking and sex performance. The people here are, supposedly, going to Thailand to take advantage of the pleasures of the night life.

I guess a limp dick does not matter so much if you are on the other side of the world, spending your energy ranting about smoking, instead of here with the girls (like me :content: :) :nahnah:

You all would have been dropping your oral fixations and grabbing some mouthwash if you were at the parking lot Friday. Started early, and the selection was fantastic.

Of course, I do not smoke so I was "up" for it :):):):):):):):):):):)

If someone wants to wreck their health and well being, that is their choice to do so to any extent they wish. So statistics showing health improvements attributable to such laws are of no consequence to me, UNLESS they are in regards specifically to the non-smoking population. Think about it, what if someone passed a law that said no more junkfood and studies showed health improved--that is a stupid justification. What matters is smokers are free to smoke and at the same time keep that crap to themselves and I am happy to see the way the new laws in Thailand are being enforced and that is exactly what is happening.

Smokers, there is yet another small light-up of hope for you in our increasingly smoke-free world. On my recent visit to Nana Plaza, I stopped in Mercury Bar during happy hour (65 baht until 8:30), but didn't stay long since there were three customers sitting together and fouling the air near the no-smoking sign. No other customers were present.

On to Pretty Lady, with another of the few happy hours in the Plaza (80 baht until 9:00). This bar was looking pretty good, with lots of girls and customers having fun. No one was smoking. But sometime after happy hour, as I was leaving, I noticed one lone customer sitting by himself near the door, smoking. His isolation was remarkable, the leper of the bar.

Im not that clever, I work from home, and besides I have no reason to hide my identity. Which is more than I can say for most of you with your clever monikers. Gotta say Munchmaster is my fav, imagine that image....

Are you imagining that image now? :smirk:

So if you're not hiding your identity does that mean that ghelseth is your real name?

If so is it your first name or your surname or a combination of both such a G Helseth (G for Graham or perhaps George)?

Anyway back to the subject of smoking in bars.

I've got a favour to ask, a big favour, as I know you don't like The Pong. However I'm coming over to LOS at the end of August for a couple of weeks and although I'm fairly sure that Randy and his regulars at Goldfingers will still be puffing on their fine ceegars I was wondering if you could pop in and check for me, as that will help me determine how many ceegars to bring over with me. :)

Thanks in advance for your help, but if not I fully understand. :thumbup:

dullnight-

I feel your pain, although across the street in the parking lot, things have been looking much better lately.

It seems like this rainy season is the slowest I can remember in years. Maybe those fuel surcharges are starting to bite.

One area that is just popping is down the road in soi 3. I went to the swarma place at the corner of soi 3 and soi 3/1 (soi Arab) two nights last week. It was like walking through a market in Marrakesh. People all over the place and the second night I had to wait 30 minutes for food, there were that many people in front of me.

Did exchange a hairy eyeball with a beautiful girl at another table, talking to a young foreign couple. Just gorgeous and great English. Looked like she was with the young couple though, but if I had you as a wingman I think I could have cut her out of the herd.

Never know where you will find the cuties in Bangkok. She would stimulate a definite reduction in your smoking, I am sure. (looked to be a non smoker herself, which is a prerequisite for me).

Maybe we can cross paths some time and I will carry your ashtray for you. I would need a 10 foot pole, preferably not chrome.

Funny joke about the cigar smoking. Wish I could see Munchmaster's tobacco ravaged face when he is booted to the curb in Patpong. Either that, or tell me the bar and the night and I will call 02 590-3342 when I see you.

I will probably have about a hundred nights in the bars before he gets here so I can make tons of calls.

....Funny joke about the cigar smoking. Wish I could see Munchmaster's tobacco ravaged face when he is booted to the curb in Patpong. Either that, or tell me the bar and the night and I will call 02 590-3342 when I see you.

What joke, I was being serious? :(

My tobacco ravaged face? I smoke cigars occassionaly you twit so no ravaging yet. :rolleyes:

Booted to the curb in Patpong? You really are a stupid boy. :shakehead I wouldn't light up in Randy's now that the smoking ban has taken effect until I'd checked that it was OK and I'd know that immediately I entered the bar because if either Randy or at least one customer weren't smoking a cigar then I'd know it wasn't OK.

Anyway no one is going to kick me to any curb.

....I will probably have about a hundred nights in the bars before he gets here so I can make tons of calls.

I think you'll find that there are a lot less than a 100 nights between now and the end of the month. :rotl: I wonder how many calls you've really made. None I expect. All Internet bravado.

Archived