24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
How long has it been since your last shag now Munchie :dunno:

For me, about two hours. Before that, three hours and a half.

I think that I am slipping having lived in Thailand too long. If I manage to stay out of smoky bars I should be able to blow 2-3 nuts a day, wouldn't you think?

Seems people on this board love nuts or even peanuts and seem to go nuts for nuts.

Munchie don't scare this lad please, if you wonder about abstinence I have a nice story for you:

This is the story of little drogon who after having lived a monger's life during too long a time searched a wife and after some failed experiments has now found a woman who seems to be perfect -> only negative point she is currently quite far away -> little drogon is living a monk's life for now 5 months with no hope to break his vows for another few months...

I go nuts and for all the right reasons

:banghead::cussing::beer:

I defy anyone to deny that at the right bar, with the right ambience, with a nice single malt, a cohiba and a nice Japanese 22 year old dressed in a playboy bunny outfit sitting on your knee placing marinated olives in your mouth from the end of a cocktail stick, that they would not enjoy seeing a live performance of Brel singing classics such as this in any language.

If you go away

Actually, I have experienced this in Shibuya where I once lived for 3 months, minus the Brel bit, every bit as good :)

Great idea.

The single malt will do it, cohiba why not, the Japanese certainly but the playboy bunny outfit...

-> When I was perverting Thai youth I enjoyed a nice live performance once.

Nice "bar", was the only customer (7pm), all the ladies in cocktail dresses looked quite nice and the jazz band (was a one shot this band) was very good especially the pianist...Had my little single malt and my special cigarettes though...

Not up to Brel's level but not bad either.

(especially with no bra contest which followed with the 40 or so girls but some of them cheated as they had no bra...but I had a membership to kill anyway)

:grin: :hubba: :beer:

This is the difference between and hedonistic connoiseur like me and someone with a tad more refined tastes like you I guess

:beer::grinyes:

From "Tis the Season - Support the Board"

"3. Add Good Content: And no, replying to a thread with (a smiley) or (another smiley) does not count. Write a review, a trip report, make a meaningful contribution to an interesting discussion. All of these make the board more interesting, which drives up traffic and adds to advertising revenue.

Thanks

RChapstick"

Thanks, RChapstick, for your needed plea.

To The Munchkin and his small group of furiously smoking mates, it's a pity that your knowledgeable discussion of pudding, whisky, and cigars, copiously accompanied by inane smileys, is hidden on this unrelated thread. Why not this post all this on another thread, where those interested can read all about it?

As this thread is about smoking in bars, I will try to add a little "Good Content", risking the fierce wrath of the Munchie mates.

Nana Plaza continues to lead the way in catering to both factions, tho I would have to say that non-smokers have a significant advantage. As I reported previously, before being overwhelmed by a barrage of irrelevant posts, the major players in Nana, Crown Group and Rainbow Group, seem to have decided that obeying Thai law is wise policy.

But smokers can find refuge in bars on the top floor, and in bars like Pretty Lady and Erotica.

The two Mandarin bars seem to have their own policy of catering to both factions. The original split-level Mandarin Bar, was smoke-free on my recent visit, tho this could be misleading, since I was in there early (9 pm.) and there were only a few customers. But the other Mandarin bar, Mandarin Table Dance, clearly allowed smoking. So take your pick.

The no-smoking law is being followed in other hangouts of mine; pool bars and restaurants.

Overall, I would say that non-smokers are winning in most Bangkok venues, tho smokers can still foul the indoor air in some places. Pattaya seems more smoker-friendly.

Every bar we went to in Patpong last Thursday afternoon / evening handed me an ashtray and told me to sit down when they saw me going to go outside to smoke.

Non-Smokers are only winning in the bars assholes like you go to, do me a favour and stay the fux out of my way.

Seasons Wishes!

Guest lazyphil

i've never smoked a cig in my life but i've flown 10's of thousands of polluting miles.....far far more harmful and giving the victims no choice of suffering the effects of unlike people drinking in bars to frequent or not them!

Archived