24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

....To The Munchkin and his small group of furiously smoking mates,....

Do you mean smoking while extremely angry or smoking very fast?

Other than trying them when I was a young lad I have never smoked a cigarette. I do however enjoy an occassional cigar. If that constitutes "smoking furiously" then so be it. :rolleyes:

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they should have separate entrances : one for smokers one for non-smokers.

Similar to an old rule. PoliTICians earning their keep had eliminated it years ago.

At one time years back pubs and bars had had these similar kind of crap. If you were a man your had to enter by a different door. Women or men was written above the entrance. Let see if this could be gotten away with today.

Shit.

On my recent visit to the smokers' paradise that is Patpong, I accidentally discovered a use for the ashtrays. Yes, Patpong bars continue to ignore Thai law, at their peril. Ashtrays are everywhere, and there are a few smokers, tho they are now in a small minority, even on Patpong.

So, I was sitting in Kings Castle One, watching a few decent-looking dancers, and fending off the ashtrays that the waitresses kept offering me. Suddenly, I had an inspiration. Grabbing an ashtray, I asked a waitress for two more. After checking to see that the three ashtrays looked the same, I caught the eye of a girl hovering nearby. I produced a 20-baht note, showed it to her, folded it up, and put it under one of the three ashtrays on my table. Yes, it was the old hustlers' shell game, also known as Thimblerig, as practiced on the streets of NYC; only here in Bkk., I tried a much friendlier version.

The girl, and several of her friends, caught on quickly to what I was doing. They all watched like hawks as I shuffled the ashtrays around on the table for a few seconds. As I am no NYC hustler, once I stopped shuffling and arranged the three ashtrays for the girl to choose the one covering the precious 20 baht, she and all her friends pounced on the valuable ashtray. They were, of course, correct. The chosen girl enthusiastically grabbed her 20 baht, smiling with delight. All her friends were then jumping up and down, demanding an encore. They were showing even more enthusiasm than for the jaded throwing of the ping-pong balls.

Luckily, I had a small pocketful of 20-baht notes. When I produced another, folded it up, and tucked it under an ashtray, the feeding frenzy had well and truly begun.

I ramped up my ashtray shuffling skills, attracting ever more attention from the hungry girls, but never managed to fool any of them (not that I wanted to). Each girl who muscled her way into my queue came away with her much-desired 20 baht, usually assisted by several of her friends.

This was so much better than throwing ping-pong balls around the bar! I got more attention for each 20 baht, the girls seemed more enthusiastic about this new and unexpected sanuk experience. Each girl got the full 20 baht instead of 10 baht from many bars' ping-pong ball scam, and in the end it cost me less than buying a bucket of balls.

Thanks, smokers!

Thats fantastic Thailien, you are one hell of a guy and I bet the lady's love you. Fresh breath, clear lungs and brains, what a combination.

It's a real shame your penis is on your head and not between your legs, but I suppose you can't have everything :)

Archived