24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

My former statement was quite incorrect,

for what it's worth, try to understand how an AC works, it is circulating the air of the room, which is fine since you are breathing this air anyways, the gems, smoke, hair, skin, insects etc... The AC condensates when you turn it off and since a good AC has dripping protection everything stays where it is.

A bar owner I know showed me a filter the day after he replaced it with a new one. That is disgusting.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My former statement was quite incorrect,

for what it's worth, try to understand how an AC works, it is circulating the air of the room, which is fine since you are breathing this air anyways, the gems, smoke, hair, skin, insects etc... The AC condensates when you turn it off and since a good AC has dripping protection everything stays where it is.

A bar owner I know showed me a filter the day after he replaced it with a new one. That is disgusting.

You sure you were in Thailand? I never heard of a Thai changing an air filter. :neener:

SD, you cannot seriously consider the recommendation to go to other places if I cannot stand the smoke in my preferred bar a valid argument? So if you find noise and other pollution in Bangkok unbearable, you should just leave and never argue about it? Or if a bully harasses your kids in school, they should just go to another school? Come on, you are intellectually much better then this, I have read your other posts!

What a pathetic Strawman. 90+% of the bars comply. If you can't find satisfaction in that percentage, then, well, maybe you should give in and let those who want to do what they want, do it. Why should they suffer for you? You have the overwhelming majority of choice.

Oh, the balls thing. You are correct but these are calculated balls (or rather, as you say, non-balls) on my side. My privacy was seriously compromised in my previous persona so by this new signature nobody can be 100 per cent sure - only 90 percent maybe - if I am Frede or not. Or (the ultimate horror) rogueyam.

Or carygrant.

Well, as I said. I may be an asshole, but I'm never a pussy enough to to NOT say what I mean under my handle. Is this subject *really* that controversial? I think not -- we are not discussing royal succession (for example), after all.

Enough said. Up to you; you know what I think of you.

Cheers,

SD

"you know what I think of you"

Do we know each other?

I've made my point and you yours so no need to go further.

I may be a "pussy" and "lacking balls" (why this American obsession with genitalia?) but I find the tendency by some of the "elite posters" here to totally unprovoked get personal, calling names etc quite unpleasant. Add to this that my anonymity was compromised, so I need those ten procent deniability, not necessarily on this topic but, for future postings in, say, the lethargic nightlife section. As to the other ninety percent it should be quite obvious for anybody with elementary "close reading" ability who I am, even more so since I have given quite helpful hints in this guess game.

"you know what I think of you"

Do we know each other?

I've made my point and you yours so no need to go further.

I may be a "pussy" and "lacking balls" (why this American obsession with genitalia?) but I find the tendency by some of the "elite posters" here to totally unprovoked get personal, calling names etc quite unpleasant. Add to this that my anonymity was compromised, so I need those ten procent deniability, not necessarily on this topic but, for future postings in, say, the lethargic nightlife section. As to the other ninety percent it should be quite obvious for anybody with elementary "close reading" ability who I am, even more so since I have given quite helpful hints in this guess game.

Who likes hanging out in a place where they're unwelcome? Are you a modern day Rosa Parks? At least that woman had a cause. You don't. We're talking about freaking smoking in freaking bars in Thailand. Get over it, whatever your original handle is.

Archived