24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Guest lazyphil

redish brown sits next to my pestle and mortar.....chip fryer got slung out long ago (nose in the air!). doing belly pork tomorrow (dirt cheap but imo the tastist pork). lp al a carte with chopped tin toms, onions, carrots, turnips, new spuds, a sweet spud, bay leafs, pepper corns, a colemans pork cassarole mix, butter beans, chick peas, kidney beans. mark 3 for 2 1/2 hours. will run 5 miles hopefully in icy rain to enhance the delight of this stew!

got chicken drumbsticks next time so give me some pointers with your recipe. also got stewing steak from tescos last night, cheap as chips

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
a colemans pork cassarole mix,

:yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::yikes::dunno::dunno::dunno::dunno:

WTF, never use that shit, firstly it's full of crap, secondly you can get the same taste by using fresh or dried herbs and spices.

I don't know what's in that crap but from the ingredients you have listed, I would just add about a tsp of paprika, 1/2 tspn od cayenne pepper and then grate about a 1/4 of a fresh nutmeg, you can use ground nutmeg but grating a fresh one is much better.

You probably don't need any herbs in tha, you should though add about 2 tablespoon of tomato puree and 1 or 2 teaspoon of Worcestershire sauce.

Adding that lot will be infinitely better than a Colemans sauce mix.

To make the chicken casserole, put the oven on 160 degrees or gas mark 2. Heat some olive oil in your casserole dish on the hob, add 200g of bacon lardons and fry for about 2 minutes turning them now and then.

Add the chiken drumsticks and fry for about 5 minutes, turning so they brown on all sides.

Take out the chicken and keep on a warm plate.

Put the following in the casserole dish and fry for about 3 minutes: 3 cloves chopped garlic, 3 big leeks sliced into chunks and 4 sticks of celery also sliced into chunks.

Add two tins of chopped tomatoes, 2 tbsp of tomato puree and 2 tsp od Worcestershire sauce.

Then add, 250 ml of chicken stock and 250 ml of red wine.

Put back the chicken and season with salt and pepper.

Heat up on the hob until almost boiling, them put the lid on, put in the oven for 3 1/2 hours and stir once or twice whilst it is in there.

Serve with mashed potatoes but my kids prefer it with rice and sugar snap peas or green beans.

Guest lazyphil

i'm sure tescos will stock them......i'll find out on my next bi-monthly shop there. no smoking in there and thats the way it should be. but pubs and bkk gogos, please. just to keep on topic!

Archived