24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Gents, strictly speaking a lardon is a piece of fat, pork or bacon commonly, about the thickness of a pencil and usually 4 or so inches long. It is used to add fats to dry meats like venison, goose breast &c. Using a lardon spike, holes are made in the surface of the meat and the lardons threaded through, the meat is then cooked. But as with so many classical traditions, another practise has developed. These days cubed fat is substituted and distributed in the dish achieving the same purpose and thereto cubed fat is now termed lardon.

Having a fag hanging out of the corner of your mouth whilst doing all of this will keep this thread on topic.

:)

Coss

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Any expat who admits he's supplying numbers for this anti-smoking brigade bs would soon become known as a grass. He'd end up with no mates and more than likely on the 'outside looking in' if you know what i mean ;)

Thankfully the anti-smoking bs ruling is pretty much ignored in 90% of the bars I've been to in the provinces and cities outside bangkok. :D

"He'd end up with no mates and more than likely on the 'outside looking in' if you know what i mean".

Are you sure he would need any (expat) mates?

Anyway I wouldn't supply any numbers, not out of respect for smokers (I don't feel any) and not of of fear of being excluded from the expat circuit, but because it would be out of style!

Again, too many words, not effective.

As I said, irony (and parody) is difficult to communicate in style.

No "irony (and parody)", intended.

I am a Cordon Bleu Chef and the post on lardons is gospel.

Cheers

Coss

• 2 months later...

Archived