24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Thanks for the update on those smoking bars.

No doubt' date=' people will call the number for reporting them

Good work![/quote']

No problem Bumthorn, anytime, your a great bloke and a it's a pleasure to share a board with you mate :beer:

I like guys like Bumthorn. They do their part in keeping the girls fresh.

And the ladyboys busy

gotta give you an addaboy for that one!

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You shouldn't worry to much about the odd anti-smoking poster here (myself and two or three others). You have massive support by the mighty tobacco industry against which the whole health campaign network is rather powerless, it appears. An industry meeting in Bangkok in November will roll back years of struggle for a smokelss environment in Thailand.

http://www.bangkokpost.com/news/local/22624/policy-denounced-as-moke-and-mirrors

So now people who work to improve environment and protect peoples' health are nothing more than a profit making "industry" equivalent to the tobacco industry? This goes for every group who opposes cynical exploitation by big industry?

Those who opposed the war in Iraq are an "industry" who in fact like the war?

And I who thought this was mostly a left leaning forum, from what I read in the furious replies to our previous house Republican..Rogue...

By the way I am a Nazi, because I hate breathing smoke in public places. We all know that.

Hey man.......it's politics and big business at it's best. I didn't invent it. Wars make people rich. Those people don't want it to end. Same with sick people. People get rich off sick people. They don't want it to end either. Pull your head out of the sand and see the reality. Wouldn't surprise me a bit to see the health care bigwigs taking the tobacco guys out for a cigar after a deep-fried dinner.

I and thousands of other people who join each other or not in protesting against the attempts by the tobacco industry to sabotage the environment and people health are no health big wigs.

I don't even wear a wig although some might suggest that I should.

So on which side are you regarding the November meeting by the tobacco industry? You find it OK that they try to expand the market for cigarettes in Asia or do you agree with those who protest against it?

Well, I know your position already and I am afraid that it is shared by most of the "caviar" (and the not so "caviar") leftists on this board, so my question is redundant.

A "caviar"leftist on this board is typically a guy who comfortably denounces capitalism with the exception of tobacco capitalism from his first class air seat (he might also tend to brag about his affiliation with hi-so Thais without realizing that such bragging is typically low class, but that's another issue).

Which side am I on???? I didn't know I had to choose one. You already know, you say? Good, then that's one less decision I have to make.

I don't know what you're getting all worked up about. If you don't believe this type of thing is happening, that's fine in your world then. I believe it is just the way I said it.

For the record, I am a non-smoker except for an occasional cigar. A handful in a year. Couldn't care less if someone else wants to light up though.

This discussion is going nowhere.

You don't care if people smoke, you don't care if a society is smoke free or not and you obviously don't care about other health issues either. And you equate the smoking industry lobby with the anti-smoking groups and you say you are totally indifferent about which side to support.

Since our basic values and perceptions about smoking are so different from each other I give up trying to make my point.

But obviously your attitude is the prevalent one on this board and as I said it's welcomed by your friends in the tobacco industry.

I am getting somewhat fed up posting on this board. I cannot get my points understood. Basic values, tastes, preferences in life, attitudes etc here seem to be fundamentally so different from my own that I start doubting that any useful dialogue is possible.

It's about time to reconsider things.

Archived