24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To end on a more positive note: if you must have that cigar you should at least enjoy it with one of the great cognacs. XO is optimal but you would probably consider it too healthy - tons of antioxidants - so stick with one of the VSOPs. Less expensive too.

But far away from other people please; bye now!.

I and thousands of other people who join each other or not in protesting against the attempts by the tobacco industry to sabotage the environment and people health are no health big wigs.

I don't even wear a wig although some might suggest that I should.

So on which side are you regarding the November meeting by the tobacco industry? You find it OK that they try to expand the market for cigarettes in Asia or do you agree with those who protest against it?

Well, I know your position already and I am afraid that it is shared by most of the "caviar" (and the not so "caviar") leftists on this board, so my question is redundant.

A "caviar"leftist on this board is typically a guy who comfortably denounces capitalism with the exception of tobacco capitalism from his first class air seat (he might also tend to brag about his affiliation with hi-so Thais without realizing that such bragging is typically low class, but that's another issue).

I am a capitalist, or at least I think I am. I own a business and a home.

As I have said before, I don't smoke.

But when I go to Nana or Soi Cowboy, I am pumped upon why I am there; not upon the cigs some are smoking. Actually, I am so pumped up I never noticed the smoke.

As far as health issues go: I once had a really bad case of asthma and smoke used to bother me a lot.

PTB, don't sweat it. Everyone knows the tabacco firms are evil b*stards. I smoke but intend to give up ASAP.

I don't disagree with your viewpoint. I rather hope commonsense dictates smokers know the rights and wrongs of this protracted argument.

I don't care about the rights and wrongs of smoking around other people as everyone knows it's a no brainer. You don't impose your bad habits on others.

If folks want to smoke, so be it. Their life, their choice. But don't impose it on others. Ok? No need to leave the board over such a silly issue. We understand you...well I do anyway :beer:

Again on the positive side:the pleasure, yes pleasure, of not smoking is enormous and it has to do with the euphoria of sheer, unobstructed breathing. Every runner knows what I'm talking about. And every asthma patient - as one poster mentioned here-knows what the opposite feels like.

And as soon as you have made up your mind to quit you are a non-smoker, it's not like that tedious, slow, loosing weight thing. Instead, quitting smoking is rather like instant gratification. And look how much fresher bars without smoke feel like, even hopeless smokers like the Japanese appreciate how much nicer Thermae is without the smoke in that claustrophobia inducing basement.

So think positive and quit and good luck! And I really don't mean to sound patronizing against smokers (or theatralical about ending discussing on the board; might just be the cool thing to do "unter Umstände" like the Germans put it; I'll be back probably with some boring and pompous Blu-ray opera recommendation...)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived