24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Can someone explain the ban to me? What and where is smokeing banned now?

Banned anywhere with air conditioning, plus outdoor restaurants too. Fine is B2k to you and B20k to the establishment. Much confusion abounds right now, as the police have made public that their official position is that they are *not* fining people until 1 June. I have also heard 31 July, but the former date was in the paper, so I tend to believe that one.

As one restaurant-owning friend said: "In this town now, the way to make money is not from naked pussy on stage, but by ashtrays on my tables. I complied as a good citizen last time, (meaning the last ban in 2002) and lost a lot of business cuz nobody else was. This time? Fuck 'em!"

When you back C? I hope things are going well for you over there :up: .

Cheers,

SD

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well if it would be a common sense rule to insure the rights of the nonsmokers and the smokers, the solution would be easy:

Everyplace where people [color:red]have[/color]to go to (like trains, offices, public buildings, shopping malls etc) smoking is strictly banned.

Places where people [color:red]like[/color] to go (like restaurants) should have seperate sections, so smokers and nonsmokers can enjoy their meal.

And places where people [color:red]have a choice[/color] (like bars, gogs etc.) should be labeled, so people can see where they get into.

This would make sense and works in a few countries (Spain forinstance).

But THEY are looking for radical methods to ban smoking completely (while still grabbing as much tobacco-tax as possible) and the denounciators comming out of their holes - therefore I am getting more radical myself.

C'mon my counterrevolutionary soldiers:

:susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel: :susel: :susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel::susel:

See, we are getting more and more!!!

MaW

.... And yes, Munchie, I have been and will be calling. Sorry about your addiction, but most bars have smoking areas complete with smoking dancers just outside the door. Self selection, methinks.

My addiction? I don't smoke. If someone else lit up in a bar in LOS, would I shop them to the police? NO, I would NOT and I would consider anyone who did (other than the owner of the bar) to be a snivelling little shit, a cry baby, a teachers pet, a tell tale tit.

The only major holdout keeping smoking in Nana is the Rainbow group, which is Thai owned.

And its a known fact that the Japanese are big patrons of these bars,and are a nation of smokers who chuck purples about like confetti.

Maybe just a coincidence.

I bet that if you were in a Rainbow bar and rang the smoking sniche line to dob in a group of Japanese that it would fall on deaf ears.

I've been called much worse: A Nazi sympathaiser a few posts back for example. Since this phone number was scarcely posted for use by tobacco addicts and self styled individual rights advocates, I'm not too surprised it has generated such furor by just those people. Smoking in the bars will stop, sooner or later. This is just a way to help speed up the phase in with fairness.

Well, lets review: Baccara is jammed full of mostly Japanese, and is completely smoke free. Last night one of them fell asleep in one of the chairs that leans back for viewing through the glass to the upstairs dancers. Good for a few laughs. Superbaby and Supergirls are nearly Japanese shrines in Pattaya, both totally smoke free and jammed. So why shouldn't the Rainbow bars comply, as the others have? They will, and soon. When the bib come calling for their 20,000 baht, that time will come. And the Japanese customers of the Rainbow bars will vote with their presence as to which butts they like the best. The chances are pretty good that Thai butts will triumph over cigarette butts. If they don't, something's wrong with the world.

Archived