24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

"defensive of their habits--to smoke, and to inflict their smoke on others."

1st point yes, 2nd no.

Not complaining about the law, I am happy to not smoke in non smoking places.

But if I am smoking in a place where it is allowed, I object to any one telling me not to. Same as if a religious person trys to enforce their beliefs on me.

FYI, I am not addicted, I don't smoke day to day, don't want to, but when out on the town I do want to and will. If there are no smoking signs I will go where there aren't.

Freedom is what we've fought wars for.

Cheers

Coss

I totally agree with this. I do not feel addicted, in fact I just now am having my first cigar in the past two weeks. It is the idea that there is not any choice in the matter at all I don't like; as you say, no freedom.

Heck alcohol is addictive as hell, just ask AA.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't smoked cigarettes in 15 years and cigars in 7 but accept that others like to have a smoke when enjoying themselves with a few drinks.

Even in food areas I think that there should be smoking areas particularly in Thailand where outside eating is popular anyway. Just don't get offended if I move downwind of you.

Oh . . . I hope some farang approaches me and trys to tell me not to smoke.

'Cause I will stuff my cigar right up his arse!

I too' date=' applaud your quest for freedom to smoke that cigar, no doubt a large one at that to compensate your other shortcomings. However I might take exception to you blowing your toxic waste my way that I might reciprocate in kind by, having quaffed my ale, pissing in your general direction?

But kidding aside, the new laws, much to be commended, will I fear be unenforceable in Thailand, one of the reasons foreigners from stricter regimes enjoy to come here. I have already noticed in some of the more respectable bars of Bangkok a resurgence of insecure patrons extending their appendages with a light. Thai's being Thai's, that run the bars, would rather let things be than cause conflict and rescue those being assaulted by the second hand smoke of the arrogant. Besides they need the custom and, even though our lives will be shortened, it wouldn't be so much of a party if the smoking arses were outside taking a drag would it?[/quote']

. . . pissing in my general direction?

Is that a Monty Python quote?

If so, I am with you 100%. I think the quote comes for Search for Holy Grail and it was about the FRENCH!

On a side note, I will have to go back and count how many times I have posted on this thread.

Just so the pansy, panty, wimpy, arsed liberal tree-hugging, save the planet, bastards can keep track of my views on this subject.

:mooning:

Do you realize, oh mighty macho Mr. unit731, that, unless you incapacitate us wimpy liberals by sodomizing us with your cigar, our efforts to save our planet, which we share, will also save your beloved tobacco plants that provide the nicotine that you so crave. Oh yes, those accursed trees, that allow us to breathe oxygen, might also survive, no thanks to you. But of course, the tobacco plants are far more important............

Lets review-again: I've been called a fanatic and a hypocrite by Paillote, a nazi by Man at Work, a snivelling little shit, cry baby, teacher's pet, and tell-tele tit by Munchmaster, a prick, an ignorant little prick and bible thumper by Mekong, total nutter by Cent, a wandering cunt by Shibuya, a KBR employee, retard, and a bully with a keyboard by Corinthian, gobshite by Teddy, as well as a rambling fantasty(apparently his)about my time in prison.

Coss says he "may have to enforce my ideas of what his or her face should look like" if he is asked not to smoke, following that up with "I can refrain from venting my feelings in public about non-smokers". Uh, yeah, clearly.

Man at work suggests busting out my teeth. As a response to that,I suggest he is a very scary guy, to derision from the above Nana Plaza regulars. I am criticized for both too many posts and not responding enough.

For my part, I have said the majority of posters opposed to the ban are rabid no smoking advocates, and called several people-not posters here-who lit up at Angelwitch 'morons'. I have also suggested smoking is an addiction. Thats it.

So lets put things in perspective. The ban is taking hold slowly. Nana Plaza bars are getting nightly visits from the bib, even though the rumor is big baht is being paid there to allow smoking. No Smoking signs are being posted. Even the Biergarden had very little smoking last night. So obviously calling me names hasn't had any effect, and I'm still in one piece. This has been an eye-opening experience for me. A board that was certainly not known for such personal vitriol has shown its true colors, or at least those of a few core posters. BTW, I have no desire to raise my posting count to anywhere near some of your numbers. As Hagler said, Life is great. Get one. Lets move on.

Lets review-again: I've been called a fanatic and a hypocrite by Paillote, a nazi by Man at Work, a snivelling little shit, cry baby, teacher's pet, and tell-tele tit by Munchmaster, a prick, an ignorant little prick and bible thumper by Mekong, total nutter by Cent, a wandering cunt by Shibuya, a KBR employee, retard, and a bully with a keyboard by Corinthian, gobshite by Teddy, as well as a rambling fantasty(apparently his)about my time in prison.

Coss says he "may have to enforce my ideas of what his or her face should look like" if he is asked not to smoke, following that up with "I can refrain from venting my feelings in public about non-smokers". Uh, yeah, clearly.

Man at work suggests busting out my teeth. As a response to that,I suggest he is a very scary guy, to derision from the above Nana Plaza regulars. I am criticized for both too many posts and not responding enough.

For my part, I have said the majority of posters opposed to the ban are rabid no smoking advocates, and called several people-not posters here-who lit up at Angelwitch 'morons'. I have also suggested smoking is an addiction. Thats it.

So lets put things in perspective. The ban is taking hold slowly. Nana Plaza bars are getting nightly visits from the bib, even though the rumor is big baht is being paid there to allow smoking. No Smoking signs are being posted. Even the Biergarden had very little smoking last night. So obviously calling me names hasn't had any effect, and I'm still in one piece. This has been an eye-opening experience for me. A board that was certainly not known for such personal vitriol has shown its true colors, or at least those of a few core posters. BTW, I have no desire to raise my posting count to anywhere near some of your numbers. As Hagler said, Life is great. Get one. Lets move on.

Welcome to Thai 360.

Archived