24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Lets review-again: I've been called a fanatic and a hypocrite by Paillote, a nazi by Man at Work, a snivelling little shit, cry baby, teacher's pet, and tell-tele tit by Munchmaster, a prick, an ignorant little prick and bible thumper by Mekong, total nutter by Cent, a wandering cunt by Shibuya, a KBR employee, retard, and a bully with a keyboard by Corinthian, gobshite by Teddy, as well as a rambling fantasty(apparently his)about my time in prison.

[color:brown]Coss says he "may have to enforce my ideas of what his or her face should look like" if he is asked not to smoke, following that up with "I can refrain from venting my feelings in public about non-smokers". Uh, yeah, clearly.[/color]

Man at work suggests busting out my teeth. As a response to that,I suggest he is a very scary guy, to derision from the above Nana Plaza regulars. I am criticized for both too many posts and not responding enough.

For my part, I have said the majority of posters opposed to the ban are rabid no smoking advocates, and called several people-not posters here-who lit up at Angelwitch 'morons'. I have also suggested smoking is an addiction. Thats it.

So lets put things in perspective. The ban is taking hold slowly. Nana Plaza bars are getting nightly visits from the bib, even though the rumor is big baht is being paid there to allow smoking. No Smoking signs are being posted. Even the Biergarden had very little smoking last night. So obviously calling me names hasn't had any effect, and I'm still in one piece. This has been an eye-opening experience for me. A board that was certainly not known for such personal vitriol has shown its true colors, or at least those of a few core posters. BTW, I have no desire to raise my posting count to anywhere near some of your numbers. As Hagler said, Life is great. Get one. Lets move on.

One is moved to comment, that, my earlier comments highlighted in the quote above, were not and are not directed at ghelseth personally, and in context these comments are:

[color:brown]"And woe betide any self righteous, ego inflated, non smoking proselytizer, who approaches me and attempts to enforce his or her ideas of what I should be doing with my health, on me.

I may have to enforce my ideas of what his or her face should look like, on him or her.

And if this sounds offensive, consider what it feels like to be treated like a leper."[/color]

Whilst it is true that ghelseth has raised the ire of several good folk on this board, including my self, my posts are and will always be, about the freedom to smoke where legally entitled to do so.

Where non smoking is required, I non smoke. But where smoking is allowed, then I reserve the right to be offended by self righteous, ego inflated, non smoking proselytizers who impose their view on me.

Cheers

Coss

A note from a bar owner posting on another board:

[color:brown]"Sorry to my fellow-Smokers but I am starting to think this non-Ban may be a good idea after all. [color:blue](as this drives smoking punters to his bar)[/color]

xxxxx's was packed last night with Customers seeking a bar that permits freedom of choice [color:blue](smoking)[/color] along with Hot Women and Cold Beer! "[/color]

Now I've added this place to the bars with no names list, and we can avoid those evangelist non smokers who would attempt to track us down and center the spotlight of the righteous on us.

Cheers

Coss

So there's now two bar's called no name bar? Fark' date=' that's confusing![/quote']

Yea, but which one can I smoke at?

PT me if you need to know when yer back in town mate!

BTW, I've a few really nice Ramon Allones Gigantes (a 7 7/8" version of the Specially Selected), at least one with your name on it, to say thanks for everything.

Cheers,

SD

So there's now two bar's called no name bar? Fark' date=' that's confusing![/quote']

Yea, but which one can I smoke at?

PT me if you need to know when yer back in town mate!

BTW, I've a few really nice Ramon Allones Gigantes (a 7 7/8" version of the Specially Selected), at least one with your name on it, to say thanks for everything.

Cheers,

SD

Thanks SD, will do!

Archived