24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

On topic, now only a little more than a month before the no-smoking law is supposed to kick in with full force on June 1. Remember, the fine is 22,000 baht all told, and I don't think the bar owner is going to appreciate paying 20,000 of this to keep a smoking customer happy.

A little smoking seems to be creeping back into Cowboy, just when I thought all the nicotine addicts had pissed off to Nana. Deja Vu bar allowed a few smokers to foul the air, and like before, I had to change my seat twice to get away from the fumes. When I got outside, I told a mamasan, and of course got the "mai bpen rai" response. I told her in Thai that cigarette smoke makes me sick, and reminded her that it is against the law -- "pit goat maai" in Thai.

IMHO, this is the time for non-smokers to assert our rights, according to the law. Law enforcement here is often lax and forgetful, so some friendly reminders when we see violations can help keep this wonderful law from slipping into oblivion.

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

was watching a group of Americans in Suzi Wangs this week.

The lead guy kept tipping every girl 100 baht, he went to light up, staff said no, tipped the 100 baht, ok to light up!

Then every time he lit up the same thing.

Was quite funny to watch as at one stage he slipped a girl 1000 baht note instead of a 100, she was thrilled, let everyone know, then they all wanted 1000 notes.

He took it well, kept handing out the 100 baht notes - on average about 100 per minute :)

On topic, now only a little more than a month before the no-smoking law is supposed to kick in with full force on June 1.

Patpong is rumored to be getting on board at that time too.

A little smoking seems to be creeping back into Cowboy

I have noticed that as well. It went from smoke free to some very obvious reversals here and there.

and reminded her that it is against the law

She could have reminded you that showing TNA is against the law.

OP is out of a job.

Did a Pattaya bar crawl Thursday night, visited 10 bars and zero smoking. At Babydolls they did have asstrays (pun intended) they where used on some occasion to be tapped on the tables, a lot of noise that was. A deck serve managed to drop a set of inox plates to add to the fun. Dunno why they do this.

Sticking bananas in pussies has nothing to do with the subject at hand but is a lot more fun.

OP is out of a job.

Did a Pattaya bar crawl Thursday night, visited 10 bars and zero smoking...

Bangkok is certainly better than the Shitty-City-by-the-Sea once again. I visited ten (count 'em: TEN) bars Friday, in three different nightlife areas, and ALL of them were smoker friendly. I however did not partake of my cigar in any as I only do that outside or in a cigar bar. I am a considerate, freedom-loving individual!

Cheers,

SD

Archived