24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

I'm reporting the bar, not the smoker. However, some bars now have signs stating that the smoker violating the law will be liable for both the 2000 fine to the smoker and the 20,000 fine to the bar. Seems like a good way to go to me. Is it too much to ask that the bars at least post No Smoking signs during the phase-in period, as most have?

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

OK,I'm a smoker and I know it doesn't to me any good and legal drugs like tobacco and alcohol kill many times more people than smack,coke yaba and what have you.

I'm just FUCKING PISSED OFF with the double standards of some of these governments especially here in the UK.

IF THEY DON'T WANT YOU TO SMOKE,BAN THE FUCKING THINGS ALTOGETHER!

.... So why shouldn't the Rainbow bars comply, as the others have?

Why cant fanatics like you just leave some bars alone a go to one of the numerous bars you just listed instead? In Rainbow you dont even have the skin-factor you prefer, so why go there?

Guys like you just dont get it. They think they can get the police to selectively enforce the laws they suport, and ignore the ones they dont like. Well mister, it does not work like that. Just leave the bars alone, they have enough problems with the police already, and certainly dont need any more police attention.

Paillote

Guest lazyphil

<>

i tend to agree. i for one have smoked about 2 cigs in my life that nearly made me cough a lung up, thought, ere' this is a dumb habit, that said people should be allowed to choose what they do and i feel unconfortable people standing outside hudled up like naughty children outside pubs smoking supposedly on my behalf. and its a shame this mentality is seping to los. thailand was a big attraction for me because of the freewheeling outlook. i dont really like the smell of smoke and i dont expect to beathe in smoke in hospitals, librarys, schools etc but for fecks sake, bars and clubs etc (TIME AND A PLACE!!!), its like cream crackers and saint agur cheese, they go together. but thats one of the reasons i loved/love patong open air bars, not leaving stinking of an ashtray, watching the girls pull down the canopy when the storms blew over. vote with your feet, so many options in this world, fuck the dogmatic law makers!!!

.... And yes' date=' Munchie, I have been and will be calling. Sorry about your addiction, but most bars have smoking areas complete with smoking dancers just outside the door. Self selection, methinks.[/quote']

My addiction? I don't smoke. If someone else lit up in a bar in LOS, would I shop them to the police? NO, I would NOT and I would consider anyone who did (other than the owner of the bar) to be a snivelling little shit, a cry baby, a teachers pet, a tell tale tit.

Gobshite would be more apt :shakehead

Archived