24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
BT........you're close. Now I'm trying to get to Soi Cowboy, can you help me? Is that suk 27?? And NP is soi 2, right??? :smirk: :)

Shit man, you are just trying to fuck with my head, I just know it!

:neener:

:beer:

:nono:

Everybody knows how to get to Soi Cowboy. You get off the Skytrain as Asoke, duck down the subway, cut across and then pop up on the other side of Asoke. No it is not faster, but it does cool you down. Once out at the sidewalk, you turn right, and 23 paces past the bug cart, turn right into Soi Cowboy.

As for NEP, just follow everybody that is going that way. If they cross to the west side of the Street and enter Nana Hotel, just follow them in and then go to to the toilet and take a piss. When you leave Nana Hotel, just walk across the street were the big titted kakoeys are. At the moment you should be standing in front of the entrance to NEP.

What were some of the other places?

What was that Eden Club spin-off on Soi zero? Was it Club Zero?

Then there was the shit hole under the expressway, what was it called, Soi One?

Then there was the that nice place, what was it called, Soi zero?

Then there was the place out in front of Soi Cowboy on Suk. Never did know the name of those places. Did have some fun in them though.

Besides Thermae there was Grace Hotel's coffee shop downstairs. If a guy needed a fucking, those places always accommodated.

On Soi 10, there was a massage place I used to go to. The girls there were on the wild side. When all the shit got bulldozed between soi 10 and 8, they went out of business.

• 5 weeks later...

The list of non-smoking gogo bars in Pattaya is shrinking. I recently talked with the manager of Sweethearts, who was smoking with his mate inside his bar, and asked him if there were any non-smoking gogos in Pattaya. He replied yes, there is one: Rodeo Girls on Soi Pattayaland 2. Well, I never made it there, but was pleased to see that the law is still observed in the best gogo bar (if you like lovely dancers), Super Baby. As I was enjoying the eye candy there, and breathing the clean air, three Asian dudes came in and sat down. One of them lit up and got in exactly one puff before being quelled by the wait staff, dancers, and even his mates.

Still, my many years of trying to avoid inhaling second-hand smoke in gogo bars in Pattaya and Bangkok help me to see light at the end of the smoky tunnel. The no-smoking signs prominently displayed in just about every bar are having a beneficial effect. Believe it or not, some smokers actually seem to respect the laws of the country they are in. I definitely think the number of smokers, and the amount of smoke in the air in most bars, is down noticeably from years past.

The smokers who knowingly break this Thai law are a minority. I would compare them to the lunatic fringe of motorbike drivers who drive on the wrong side of the road, going the wrong way, not wearing a helmet, without a headlight at night, driving with one hand while pressing a cellphone to an ear with the other. Of course this is idiotic and potentially dangerous to others who are obeying the law, and common sense. But, TIT, so "mai pen rai" and the inconsiderate lunatics go their merry way unhindered, until they smash up themselves, and possibly others. Death from cigarette smoking is much slower, and quite possibly much more agonizing, but the fuck-you attitude toward innocent bystanders, and toward the law, is the same.

Guest lazyphil

avoiding smokey bars is much easier than maniacs on the roads....avoiding maniacs leaving smoke free bars here in the uk under the influence of alcohol and kill people is far harder. i've yet to hear of anyone killing someone under the influence of tobaco (unless lighting up while driving, perhaps)....

Phil, it was like this...I had just got up to go to the bar to get a round in consisting of 5 pints of Timothy Taylor Landlord and a dry white wine for a friend who is yeast intolerant, not a puff mind.

Anyway, after the barmaid had poured 4 pints, the barrel ran out. The barmaid asked did I want an alternative beer for the fifth one but my mate said, "feck that, I will wait till you change the barrel because I will not drink a pint which comes from a hand pump with a fudgepackers face on it".

The face was Ollie Cromwell, can't remember what the beer was though as I was on my fifth pint by then.

Archived