24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that forums such as this are primarily for sharing information that may prove useful to others. So I would like to report some positive developments at Nana Plaza that I observed this evening.

It wasn't looking too good on my last two visits there, with smoking allowed inside just about every bar. But this evening, I was able to enjoy unpolluted air inside several big bars, namely Rainbow One, Rainbow Three, G-Spot, and Lollipop. Yes, it seems that both major groups in Nana, Rainbow and Crown Group, have decided to obey the law of the land. There were numerous lovely angels dancing in all these bars.

Still, do not despair, smokers. Nana is a mixed bag, which is perhaps how it should be. I stepped inside Carousel, formerly one of my favorite bars, and was quickly driven out by the reeking air. I was informed by the hello girls, and/or dudes, at Erotica, Pretty Lady, and Spankys that smoking is allowed inside, so I just walked away.

I couldn't check every bar in Nana in one evening, but am very pleased to see that non-smoking venues are making a comeback. I will go back there again soon, and hope to report further good news.

When you stand on that crate preaching to the top of your voice the sins of those who visit NEP, aren't you afraid somebody is going to sneak up behind you and kick your crate over?

The current hot topic is "Lurkers, why don't you post?". Sadly, the #2 reason, with 30% of respondents, is "I don't want to risk getting flamed/ridiculed." I can relate to that.

khunsanuk states "as the board owner I do have an interest in getting as much posts (preferably quality ones ) and posters on the board. It grows the board, expands the total knowledge base and opinions, etc.; all of which in turn attract more people to the board."

I can agree with that, and also with a couple of relevant comments from this hot topic:

"Afraid of being ridiculed seems to be a problem but it only comes from a few cyber thugs, why not sort these guys out? I said hi to someone a few weeks ago at his request and was called an 'asshole' -will not be posting again as he was not told off for the insult.I guess lurkers just don't need the hassle, so just read for info."

"Simple, the stars that wrote the real content stopped posting and the anklebiter wannabees that only snipe at others took over. Those individuals who didn't belong to silly cliques/groups/friendship s made posts and created a vibrant environment that compelled others to want to post their own experiences and share their thoughts.

Take a random sample of the usual suspects that only surface to take shots at guys. I find it amazing that they have such a very stalker like pattern. They exist to attack but never to share.

I remember a time when I used to be more active and no matter what I posted the same 5 or six guys would come and just make negative comment after never comment, never criticizing the post but rather always attacking the poster.

I particularly didn't mind because I had immense fun with it and found it rather entertaining. I was never one that sent PM's to the mods complaining about people and bitching and moaning although I know that these intolerant wankers did when I retaliated, hurting their little feelings.

Many here have yet to learn the difference between criticizing a post and attacking the poster ."

"If you get to meet some of the members, you will be surprised what a bunch of nice people we really are. When we hide behind a screen, sometimes the worst comes out. Hopefully we will change for the better."

Well, I hope so too.

The current hot topic is "Lurkers, why don't you post?". Sadly, the #2 reason, with 30% of respondents, is "I don't want to risk getting flamed/ridiculed." I can relate to that.

khunsanuk states "as the board owner I do have an interest in getting as much posts (preferably quality ones ) and posters on the board. It grows the board, expands the total knowledge base and opinions, etc.; all of which in turn attract more people to the board."

I can agree with that, and also with a couple of relevant comments from this hot topic:

"Afraid of being ridiculed seems to be a problem but it only comes from a few cyber thugs, why not sort these guys out? I said hi to someone a few weeks ago at his request and was called an 'asshole' -will not be posting again as he was not told off for the insult.I guess lurkers just don't need the hassle, so just read for info."

"Simple, the stars that wrote the real content stopped posting and the anklebiter wannabees that only snipe at others took over. Those individuals who didn't belong to silly cliques/groups/friendship s made posts and created a vibrant environment that compelled others to want to post their own experiences and share their thoughts.

Take a random sample of the usual suspects that only surface to take shots at guys. I find it amazing that they have such a very stalker like pattern. They exist to attack but never to share.

I remember a time when I used to be more active and no matter what I posted the same 5 or six guys would come and just make negative comment after never comment, never criticizing the post but rather always attacking the poster.

I particularly didn't mind because I had immense fun with it and found it rather entertaining. I was never one that sent PM's to the mods complaining about people and bitching and moaning although I know that these intolerant wankers did when I retaliated, hurting their little feelings.

Many here have yet to learn the difference between criticizing a post and attacking the poster ."

"If you get to meet some of the members, you will be surprised what a bunch of nice people we really are. When we hide behind a screen, sometimes the worst comes out. Hopefully we will change for the better."

Well, I hope so too.

Of course you are ridiculed

Since March you have made 25 posts 24 in this thread and 1 about Star of Light ... the irony that the anti smoker posts about a "smoking" bar.

I will not riducule you I will just be honest

FUCK OFF TWAT!

Guest lazyphil

does it ever occur to you the thousands of tons of aviation fuel burnt getting you to los and the damage it causes to the atmosphere of the world?....the problems you indirectly contribute to fall on people who cant avoid the consequences of it like melting of the ice in the arctic, droughts in africa etc etc etc.....you can avoid smokey bars, its easy, lots of open air bars in los/bkk if you can tolerate the car/tuk tuk/motocycle pollutents....in fact a smokey bar in bkk is proberbly a healthier enviroment than walking around the bkk streets.

Archived