24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

Guest lazyphil

unfortuantly not, perfect conditions but they were not interested in my sardines and sprats, tried to catch indiginous livebait but they wouldn't bite either!

my bivvy felt like it was going to be launched into orbit a few times!

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I am planning to make a Christmas Pudding soon, here is a recipe that I was going to use, I would be interested in any other recipes folks may have. I like my Christmas Pud full of alcohol. :)

Make this pudding a couple of months before Christmas day.Feed it with alchol regulary and allow the flavours to fully develop.

Ingredients

225g/8oz golden caster sugar

225g/8oz vegetarian suet

340g/12oz sultanas

340g/12oz raisins

225g/8oz currants

110g/4oz candied peel, chopped

110g/4oz plain flour

110g/4oz fresh white breadcrumbs

55g/2oz flaked almonds

1 lemon, zest only

5 eggs, beaten

1 evel tsp ground cinnamon

1 level tsp mixed spice

5g/1 level tsp freshly grated nutmeg

pinch of salt

150ml/5fl oz brandy or rum

Method

1. Lightly grease 4x600ml/1 pint or 2x1.2 litre/2 pint pudding basins.

2. Mix together all the dry ingredients.

3. Stir in the eggs and brandy and mix well.

4. Spoon the mix into basins. Put a circle of baking parchment and foil over the top of each basin and tie securely with string. Make a string handle from one side of the basin to the other so it is easier to pick the basin out of the pan after cooking.

5. Put the basins in a large steamer of boiling water and cover with a lid. Boil for 5-6 hours, topping the boiling water up from time to time, if necessary. If you do not have a steamer, put the basins in a large pan on inverted saucers on the base. Pour in boiling water to come a third of the way up the sides of the pudding bowls. Cover and steam as before.

6. Cool. Change the baking parchment and foil covers for fresh ones and tie up as before. Store in a cool cupboard until Christmas Day.

7. To serve: steam for 2 hours and serve with brandy butter, rum sauce, cream or homemade custard.

Why are you putting castor oil in your pudding?

I hate golf but I might as well start again if gold in Thailand provides you lovely caddy??

:hubba:

munchie, not being a cigar smoker (but a heavy smoker nonetheless)

16 yo Lagavulin? I suppose (lazy to google) is a very good cigar but 16 yo?? same price range as a 40 years old pure malt whisky?

:confused:

Archived