24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been coming to Thailand/Philippines/Cambodia since the early 90's. When I am home here in America I'm not much of a drinker, don't smoke at all and avoid prostitution completely. When I go on vacation I want to enjoy myself so for the first time I am skipping Thailand completely and I don't think I will be there for a long time to come. I like to sit in bars that have NAKED dancing girls, smoke cigarettes and play with the girls. I also like to smoke a joint in Amsterdam but who needs to be piss tested in Thailand and get in trouble for something I did in Amsterdam.

I miss Nanaplaza/Thormae and Soi Sunset circa 1995!!!!!

Not a real good poll to make that assumption. Our audience here is mostly (95%+ I reckon) farang. You need to poll the Asian tourists as well. If this farang poll shows 64% (14 vs 9) smokers, adding our Japanese and Chinese and Malaysian friends will surely bump the numbers to at least 75% as they smoke like chimneys!

Cheers,

SD

I despise the nanny state from the west and its coming here now to impose its restrictions on THE OWNERS of businesses. As far as I am concerned it should be UP TO THE BUSINESS OWNER. If I want to start a bar for cigar or cigarette smokers I should be able to make that choice, just like my prospective customers can make their own choice to either come to my establishment, or not come. Everyone can vote with their feet and pocketbooks is my view on this. What pisses me off is that the anti-smoking nazis want EVERYWHERE to be non-smoking. That should be up to the owner, not the government. If I own a bar and want it non-smoking because I see this would be a good business decision for my business, then I should have that right to make the place non-smoking, and the reverse should also be true. The customers/consumers would eventually show what the market wants, and what will help my business make money from that market I am shooting for. What possible reason should I not be able to have a smoking venue if I so desire to market my business toward the legal smoking public? Oh, I know, because the nazi anti-smokers want a smoke free world where they can go anywhere no matter it imposes on those that do enjoy a smoke and the business owners themselves that would like to provide this sort of establishment for them, their customers. A sign at the door should be all that is required, 'nonsmoking establishment-no smoking allowed' OR 'smoking establishment-enter at your own risk!'

JMHO.

Cent

And here's the thing, now these boobs are even trying to get businesses to serve 'Non-fattening' foods too, as a LAW. Is this next? Will they next be telling restaurants what they can serve for foods? No unhealthy meals for those that want what they want when they want it?

'Sorry sir, we can't give you a beef burger and fries cooked in lard because, well, you know it is bad for your health, and besides, it is against the law. You can only eat fattening foods in your own home sir. Sorry. Would you like to try one of our vegan burgers that taste like shit?'

Fucking ridiculous. All a bunch of PC nanny government madness.

Cent

No - YOU eating a burger isn't going to make me sick!

YOU smoking a cigarette does,

Simple,

You want to shoot up in front of me? Take some tabs? Snort a line? I don't give a fuck, unless you spray blood on me, hurts only YOU

You light up a joint, a cigar, cigarette, then it does AFFECT me directly, immediately.

Wrong comparisons.

No - YOU eating a burger isn't going to make me sick!

YOU smoking a cigarette does,

Simple,

You want to shoot up in front of me? Take some tabs? Snort a line? I don't give a fuck, unless you spray blood on me, hurts only YOU

You light up a joint, a cigar, cigarette, then it does AFFECT me directly, immediately.

Wrong comparisons.

Unless it doesn't... :dunno:

Cheers,

SD

So what happened to the bamboo lounge at the Oriental? God if they did not get around the ban I would love to have one of their ash trays!!!!

I was at the Oriental last weekend for lunch. People were sitting outside smoking their cigars when we walked past the Bamboo Room...

Cheers,

SD

Archived