24 hour number to report smoking violations: 02-590-3342

ghelseth

• Replies 761
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those wretched smokers totally take the pleasure out of my visits two of the Soi 33 hang outs.

I see smoking as a kind of violence against non-smokers, forcing us to leave after half a bottle of beer.

"Smoking is the skyscraper of all health risks. All the other risks are small cottages in comparison" (a professor of molecular biology at the Nobel Prize Awarding Karolinska Institutet in Sweden)

In this perspective I find the argument that a smoker's choise to smoke is equivalent to a non-smokers choise to abstain to be incredibly crude. No one who is not completely delusional about the dangers of smoking can honestly say that his filthy habit is anything else than totally compulsive, in no way equivalent to a non-smokers genuine and very commendable choise to preserve his and other peoples' health.

Smokers are losers. That is why they become so aggressive when their filthy behaviour is challenged.

Those wretched smokers totally take the pleasure out of my visits to two of the Soi 33 hang outs.

I see smoking as a kind of violence against non-smokers, forcing us to leave after half a bottle of beer.

"Smoking is the skyscraper of all health risks. All the other risks are small cottages in comparison" (a professor of molecular biology at the Nobel Prize Awarding Karolinska Institutet in Sweden)

In this perspective I find the argument that a smoker's choise to smoke is equivalent to a non-smokers choise to abstain to be incredibly crude. No one who is not completely delusional about the dangers of smoking can honestly say that his filthy habit is anything else than totally compulsive, in no way equivalent to a non-smokers geuine and very commendable choise to preserve his and other peoples' health.

Smokers are losers. That is why they become so aggressive when their filthy behaviour is challenged.

Oh FFS, another old poster who hasn't the balls to state his opinion under his regular board name...

And, hey, there's lots of places where they ban smoking. Feel free to go there.

And before you try to mount that high horse, guess what? *I'M* not a smoker.

I'm NOT a smoker - hate smoking in bars - it does drive me out sometimes - but the attitude of fellow non smokers leaves me stunned - whiney bitches! Do you only not smoke because mummy said it was bad?

Back to the 100 pipers

If I could understand why obviously enlightened and insightful minds like yours bother to waste mental energy to defend such a hopeless issue as smokers "right" to risk their own and other people's health, pollute environment and be a general nuisance. Smoking is something to leave behind, something to overcome. It's a life style anachronism from the Rita Hayworth and Cary Cooper era. Like religion it is an evil ghost of the past, for the individual and society to get rid of as effectively as possible. Like religion poisons the core of your mind, smoking attacks the very DNA of our bodies - I quoted a prominent molecular biologist on purpose. It's also amazing that persons on the political left that tend to favour governmental intervention and the creation of laws regarding almost everything else, are ultra-laissez-faire when it comes to a really important health issue like smoking.

Said so much and having made my point, I understand that it might be counter-productive to hit smokers with a big stick. A friendly dialogue would be better and I will try to stick to this rule of the game in future arguments. If any.

SD, you cannot seriously consider the recommendation to go to other places if I cannot stand the smoke in my preferred bar a valid argument? So if you find noise and other pollution in Bangkok unbearable, you should just leave and never argue about it? Or if a bully harasses your kids in school, they should just go to another school? Come on, you are intellectually much better then this, I have read your other posts!

Oh, the balls thing. You are correct but these are calculated balls (or rather, as you say, non-balls) on my side. My privacy was seriously compromised in my previous persona so by this new signature nobody can be 100 per cent sure - only 90 percent maybe - if I am Frede or not. Or (the ultimate horror) rogueyam.

Or carygrant.

Heiter,

in a bar in Thailand it is not the smoke that is risking your health. It is the airconditioning since they don't change the filters often enough. Have a look at how an AC works, and see what's happening when you turn it off over night and the room heats up to 35 degrees. Do that over and over again and see what is being blown straight into your longues. If you'd see that once you would try to catch as much smoke as you could just to avoid the fungus coming from the AC :smirk:

Archived