Cahnges in a Year??!!

I have read some of the reports on this board - awesome source of info! - about changes in the LOS. A friend and I are heading for our annual, never long enough, sortie next week. Is it true that there is no more nudity at any of the bars? Did some actually close? This is only our second time there and while the no nudity thing is workable, I hope the attitude with the ladies is the same.

Anxious in PA shocked.gif" border="0

In general, you will not notice any bar closures, beyond the normal attrition/turnover. At any given moment, one bar here or there may be shut for 15-30 days, but it is virtually invisible. There was a flurry of "crackdown closures" at Nana Plaze over a six-week period in late 2001, and there was also a disruption of several months affecting Clinton Plaza last year, but both of these have pretty well blown over.

You will find condom machines (obviously evil contraptions, from "the Dark Side") scarce at NEP these days.

There is a big (temporary?) pull back in "showing" in Lumpini Police District, affecting Patpong, NEP, and Clinton. You can still see girls in birthday suits at Soi Cowboy.

Beer bars and massage parlours have been "business as usual" throughout.

Proceed with your trip without hesitation. There's still plenty of sanuk available.

"Let the good times roll!"

B-Fly BKK

Archived