Samsung D880

Bkkbound04

I recently picked up at Samsung D880, the one that has duel SIM capacity,as I'm often having to carry work phone as well as a personal one its ideal, lots of people at work are asking how to get hold of one but its not yet on release in the UK, mine came form Hong Kong, I'm surprised there are so few phone makers offering dual sim capacity

JP

I do not find it so useful. You still have only one SIM active at a time. Just as easy to swap out SIM cards IMHO.

If they made a phone that was a true dual line, where both SIMs were active at the same time, then I'd be first in line to buy!

Cheers,

SD

I do not find it so useful. You still have only one SIM active at a time. Just as easy to swap out SIM cards IMHO.

If they made a phone that was a true dual line, where both SIMs were active at the same time, then I'd be first in line to buy!

Cheers,

SD

I paid £182 for mine. The sims ARE both active at the same time, I can take calls from either sim & call waiting applies to both at the same time.

The one thing I can't figure out is the ansaphone number for T Mobile( which is my 2nd sim), for some reason the phone won't recognise it.

JP

How much did your phone cost?

Here is a link to an International Herald Tribune article which addresses dual phones. It explains a lot in terms of who would buy them and why.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2005/10/16/business/wireless17.php

HH

Having just read that article its not up to date with the technology of the D880 which does use automatic dual sim activity.

Samsung D880

JP

I paid £182 for mine. The sims ARE both active at the same time, I can take calls from either sim & call waiting applies to both at the same time.

Kewl mak mak! Thanks for that. I did not know that -- blame Samsung for shitty marketing. I need a new phone, and I like Samsung, so I'll get one when I get back to BKK!

Cheers,

SD

Kewl mak mak! Thanks for that. I did not know that -- blame Samsung for shitty marketing.

Cheers,

SD

Samsung are also guilty of shitty engineering, the reason I was there for the past 2 weeks and back again for a month next Sunday :mad:

Archived