Thai dubbing

khunsanuk

p.s. Just remembered that in the 1980s the Thai TV stations dubbed the Benny Hill Show into Thai! I turned off the sound on the TV and listened to the original soundtrack, broadcast on FM radio. Some colleagues told me one day they couldn't understand the Benny Hill Show. My question: "Are you watching it in English or Thai?" Uh, in Thai.

:banghead:

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Hi,

Why is Thai dubbing of TV so atrociously bad?

Why is it so difficult to at least try to match the voice of the voice over with the character? It is very common to have a woman in her 20s do the voice of a woman in her 70s; and that just sounds very odd.

if you think thai dubbing is atrocious, i wonder which adjective you'd use to describe vietnamese dubbing.

not that i watch too much telly when there (or anywhere else, for that matter), but vtv appears to have one female "dub artist" who does all the voices, in the same bland tone. hilarious once, but one wonders how anyone could put up with that on a regular basis.

conversation between two geriatric white males...same voice...donald duck...same voice...bruce lee...same voice...

if there's a lot of fast, snappy dialogue it's obvious whole chunks are cut out as one voice-over just can't keep up...

enjoy!

I don't watch any local TV any more but in the old days when I used to endure it, particularly those Koran soap operas, it was always the same people dubbing. Whatever programs you watched, it was always the same people's voices you watched! And one guy's voice was so damned monotonic. TERRIBLE!

I am not a thai dubbing TV - expert but what happens to my impression is that Thais or many other asian TV watchers are not particularly interested anyway what is being said . It looks as if watching moving pictures seems to be the main thing . The family of my ex ultra-longtime girlfriend used to watch Chinese movies virtually the whole day where nobody understood one single word .

I like it when the voice over guy, with the real deep voice, makes his screen charecter sound really, really gay, especially when the actor is a very macho gangster.

I saw a foreign movie dubbed in English and subtitled in English. Not only did the subtitles not match the dialoque, it did not even make sense, to the point of being very funny.

Ooops! Meant Korean!

too late, stick!

a fatwa has been declared...one cannot get away with insulting the Book of Books and a billion True Believers!

expect angry rallies world-wide; protesters burning stick flags and stick in effigy, and tearing up the stick website. also, a boycot of stick products...

Archived