Lost Thai drivers license

SD - for a replacement licence, i.e. lost, no doctor's needed, (however if your going from a 1 year to a 5 year you do)

Passport and work permit was all I took, passport was what was needed.

However in Thailand, you can never take too much :)

Samak - if your going for the first time, get there fairly early, if you have a existing licence from another country and a international licence, good, if not you have to sit the "Thai" test, which I did, and I admit dam good fun :)

I remember a few years ago my friends wife took the Thai Test in Chonburi, I think she killed every cone. At the end of the test she got out of the car and handed a few red ones to the examiner and got her pass certificate.

My mate and I were in fits of laughter accusing her of bribing the examiner but she replied quite innocently "I Not Pay Tea Money, I pay for Damaged Cones"

Who can argue with that logic?

When I went, and international driving permit was NOT needed if your license was in English; they said any other language then you did need one.

And they were not bribable. I got there late, and needed to take the motorcy driving test, but they did not give them after 1530. It was 1600. Wifey tried to give them a grey to let me take it then, so we did not have to come all the way back th enext day, but no dice.

Cheers,

SD

what about avoiding all the troubles and buy a driver license at Khao San?

do they have also international driver licenses there? from which countries?

would the BiB accept if i came up with a international driver license from a place like...let's say Uzbekistan or Faroer Island?

Work permit is not required, but if you have one it is used as the address verification.

As with many government agencies these days, the petty bribes to avoid tests and such are not done anymore. Stories about not passing test but still getting license, always start with â??a few years agoâ?Ââ?¦

• 4 weeks later...

Archived