Free Phnom Penh vacation

Tiger Moth

I actually came here because I can buy a medication that I can not buy in Thailand.

But, without any effort, here are some bargains that could easily turn in to a free trip for someone a bit enterprising.

I went to a Pharmacy and asked for the price of Kemagra. I was quoted $1.80 - I purchased 20 boxes for $1.70 and didn't bargain very well. I expect one could get a lower price. Anyway, about 55 baht for pack of 4 (the newer ones in the green box). I am sure one could make a large purchase at a lower price and sell to friends at a discount while still making a big profit (compared to Thailand).

There is a book store near FCC which makes illegal reproductions of very good quality. Owner speaks English, store is very well organized, quality of reproductions is very good. I bought 2 books and paid $3 each. I would imagine, if one were inclined, one could purchase a larger number at a lower price for personal use or for sale. Regarding illegal reproductions, I would be fine if all copyrights were enforced but, I am not in a financial position to pay $12 when I could pay $3.

DVD movies, which I have found to be of higher quality than Thailand, I purchased 3 for 65 baht each and was given a free one. So, less than 50 baht for a movie. Again, I know for a fact, larger quantities get bigger discounts.

I am going to the Central Market on Monday - lower prices than Thailand but don't see how one could make large purchase for big discount and possible sale in Thailand.

Given that a nice river front hotel room is available for less than 1,000 baht - lower at good but off river locations - and bargains (sales opportunities available. Oh, should mention as many already know, due to French influence, many excellent farang restaurants at low prices. So, all in all, I think a Thailand resident could manage a great week in PP basically for free.

Archived